Soufriere, St. Lucia, Caribbean
2 br, 3 ba (1 Ensuite), Pool
7 night minimum stay
Cook/Maid, Gardener, Housekeeper
2 Double Bed, King Bed
60 minute drive to airport
5 minute drive to beach
10 minute drive to shopping
90 minute to golf
Barbecue, Blender, Ceiling fan, Coffee maker, Day bed, Dryer, Food processor, Hairdryer, High-speed wireless internet access, Telephone, Toaster, Washer
Located near Soufriere’s Anse Chastanet beach, La Bagatelle is perfect for those who appreciate lovely natural surroundings and refined touches. Lush green gardens surround this beautiful two-storey villa, while colorful bougainvillea, poinsettias, vincas, and thunbergia climb and hang from all parts of the home. The famous Pitons are in plain sight as is the tranquil blue water of the Caribbean.
Start each day sipping a coffee in a wicker chair on the upstairs porch, watching fishing boats sail off. As the sun warms, head down to the clay-tiled pool terrace and bask in a cozy chaise longue, then cool off with an invigorating plunge. Sizzle up fresh seafood on the outdoor grill and enjoy it all fresco. A hammock and four-poster day bed are perfect escapes from the mid-afternoon heat. At dusk gather your guests around the outdoor lounge set and observe a stunning St. Lucia sunset.
The spacious living room is furnished with soft settees, upholstered with designer fabrics and large cushions. Gentle breezes circulate freely courtesy of louver windows and doors. The same smooth greenheart wood which makes up the upper balcony also lines the interior floors. A fully-equipped kitchen will inspire you to create something special for your guests. Enjoy the fruits of your labor around an elegant dining table.
Both of La Bagatelle’s bedrooms are found downstairs. The Master suite has a West Indian King size four-poster bed, antique wood furnishings and a stylish en-suite bathroom with Italian tiled shower. The second bedroom houses two additional four-poster beds: Double and Queen size. It also features antique furniture, plus an en-suite bathroom with double sinks. Ceiling fans cool both rooms.
You’re free to use a tennis court located below the house. Anse Chastanet beach is a five minute drive and has diving facilities and a protected marine park for snorkeling. Soufriere is close to St. Lucia’s most spectacular natural features: Pitons, Sulphur Springs, botanical gardens, and hidden waterfalls. Shops and restaurants can be found in town, though serious shoppers may opt for a daytrip to Rodney Bay.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- We recommend getting the car service to pick you up from the airport. The roads to the villa are very steep and filled with hairpin turns.
- Thickly reinforced walls form the backbone of this villa, providing protection from the elements during hurricane season. Unfortunately, this may dampen your WIFI connection in certain areas of the home.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1- MASTER: King bed, Large bathroom with shower and closet, Antique bedside tables, Cheval mirror, Armoire, Ceiling fan
- Bedroom 2: Queen and double beds, Chaise lounge, Cheval mirror, Chest of drawers, Adjoining bathroom with shower, 2 sinks and a closet, Ceiling fan
Please note that there are no window screens nor air conditioning on this property.
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Ceiling fans
- High speed (ADSL) wireless internet access
- Hair dryer
- China glassware
- Coffee maker
- Food processor
- Sun terrace with sun beds and cushions
STAFF & SERVICES
- Housekeeping (Monday – Saturday, 9am – 3pm)
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Laundry service
- Babysitting services
- Activities and excursions
- Massages available on site
Points of Interest:
- Tennis court next door
- 5 minute drive to Anse Chastanet Beach with superb diving and snorkelling facilities
- Maximum 4 guests
- Children welcome
- Non smoking villa (smoking is, however, permitted in the open living room area and around the pool)
- Pets are not allowed
- Requests for late check outs cannot be determined until closer the departure day and, if granted, is at an additional charge of US$100.00. Check out time is 12 noon
- Security deposit required for parties with children under 12 years
- Jeep rental recommended due to condition of access road