Haulover Bay, St. John, Caribbean
2 br, 2 ba (2 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
2 King Bed
15 minute drive to shopping
5 minute walk to beach
Hot Tub, Lap pool
Air conditioned bedrooms, Beach chairs, CD player, Dishwasher , Dryer, DVD player, Gas grill, Hammock, Radio, 2 Safe, Satellite television , Stereo System, VCR, Washer, Wi-Fi
On the unspoiled east end of Saint John’s, perched just 110 feet above the live coral reefs, white sands and soothing surf of Dreekets Bay, sits the tropical residence The Retreat. The grounds at this bijou villa feature papaya, passion fruit, banana, lemon and lime trees for you to pick and enjoy seasonally. Among its charms, outside one bedroom pavilion is a wooden staircase that leads to a trail zigzagging all the way down to Haulover Bay.
The landscaped courtyard at The Retreat includes a pergola, lap pool, hot tub and a terrace welcoming guests into an aura of tranquil serenity swept by cooling trade winds. Its three pavilions, washed with cool green hues, are situated to overlook the sparkling panorama of Sir Francis Drake Channel with the verdant island of Tortola beyond. A hammock awaits the sway of quieter moments. The villa also features a barbeque grill. The indoors are loaded with entertainment options including electronic screening, satellite TV, a movie collection, books, games and a PlayStation 2. Wi-Fi access is complimentary.
This lovely hideaway is finished with rich slate tiles, handcrafted mahogany cabinetry and accent pieces from Guatemala, Indonesia, Burma and Thailand. High ceilings provide an airy atmosphere to the nearly alfresco interior open plan dining, living and kitchen areas. Cooking in the kitchen offers the illusion of floating on the sea.
Two air conditioned king bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms flank the main pavilion, and both offer a loft with extra-long double beds. The baths feature romantic outdoor showers from which the spectacular views can be enjoyed in complete privacy. For additional guests, the sofa in the living area can be converted into a comfortable queen bed or two single beds, with your advance request. Children aged seven years and older are welcome.
Frommer’s deems Haulover Bay one of the best snorkeling destinations on Saint John, and locals say it’s the best. Keep an eye out for frolicking dolphins or the gentle glide of a sea turtle swimming by. A few feet down the shoreline from the trail, a lovely crescent of white sand and rock beach curves around crystal clear waters, waiting for you. The Retreat offers the ideal combination of elegant luxury and relaxing seclusion. Refresh your spirit with this luxury villa’s ambience of natural harmony and peace.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Due to the villa being in a remote location, renting a car is recommended, therwise taxi service to other destinations on the island is necessary. For groceries, we recommend guests request pre-stocking services.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King bed, Air conditioning, Safe, Loft with extra-long double bed (accessible by ladder), En-suite bathroom with alfresco shower
- Bedroom 2: King bed, Air conditioning, Safe, Loft with extra-long double bed (accessible by ladder), En-suite bathroom with alfresco shower
- Additional Bedding: Award-winning designer sofa in living area can be made into either a queen-sized bed OR into 2 single beds
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Electronic screening
- Satellite TV (120 channels including Cinemax and HBO)
- VCR/DVD/CD player and Sirius Satellite Radio with surround sound
- Movie collection
- Sony PlayStation II (bring your own games)
- Movie collection
- Books and games
- Wi-Fi access
- Voice mail
- Automatic generator
- Complimentary Welcome Basket on arrival
- Electronic gate to villa
- Lap pool (6 ft x 40 ft; 4.5 ft deep)
- Hot tub
- Gas grill on patio
- Some snorkelling gear
- Beach chairs
STAFF & SERVICES Included
- Weekly maid service for stays of 14 days or more
At Extra Cost
- Villa pre-stocking (advance notice required)
- In-house chef (advance notice required)
- Car hire
- Airport transfers
- Maximum 4 guests
- Children welcome 7 years old
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets are not allowed
- Drakeet's Bay, Haulover Bay, East end
- 5 minute hike to beach