Lucca Area, Tuscany, Italy
7 br, 7 ba (7 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
4 Double Bed, 6 Twin Bed
37 km to airport
45 km to beach
2 km to shopping
Barbecue, CD player, Fireplace , Satellite television , Stereo, VCR, Washer, Wi-Fi
If you’re after a Tuscan holiday with historic ambience, look no further than Buonvisi. Built in the 16th century and recently restored, the villa is rich in both original details and 21st-century touches like a pool and Wi-Fi. Its location on the Fattoria Mansi Bernardini estate gives guests access to resort-like amenities such as a restaurant and shared tennis court.
The stately house and its piano nobile overlook a wide, flat lawn and inground pool. Serve dinner hot off the outdoor grill at the al fresco dining area, or ask the estate staff to prepare a local favorite. In the summer, stroll the grounds, rest in the mature trees’ shade or bring your racquet to the shared tennis court; in the winter, cozy up to one of several fireplaces.
The villa’s charm lies in its mix of preserved original features, like ornate fireplaces, beamed ceilings and moldings, and comfortable modern furnishings. Gather the whole family in one of several seating areas in the spacious living room, or retreat to a seat by the fire in the snug library. The roomy kitchen also has a fireplace and traditional indoor barbecue, plus more modern features like a microwave, coffee machine and dishwasher.
Buonvisi’s seven bedrooms are spread across its two floors. On the ground floor, a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom offers a more private space. Upstairs, there are three bedrooms with double beds, and three with two twin beds each. All have en-suite bathrooms, and the same architectural charm as the common areas—think beamed ceilings and tiled floors.
The estate is just over a mile from the shops and post office in the town of Segromigno in Monte, and less than 10 miles from the Renaissance architecture in the city of Lucca. It’s also less than 30 miles to the resort town of Forte dei Marmi and its renowned beaches. If you’d like to explore more of Italy, Pisa’s airport is about 23 miles away, and Florence is just under 40 miles.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Bedroom / Bathroom Description
Double bed, En-suite bathroom with tub
2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with shower only
2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with tub
2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with shower
Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
Bedroom 6 - Master
Double bed, En-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
Double bed, En-suite bathroom with tub
Features & Amenities
- Traditional indoor BBQ
- Coffee machine (filter + mocha)
- Juice maker
- Satellite TV
- Wi-Fi (ground floor common areas only)
- CD player
- Internet access and fax available at reception
- Baby equipment
- Washing machine
- Swimming pool
- Restaurant on-site in Estate complex
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill
- Tennis court (shared with other Estate guests)
Staff & Services
- 5-Days a week cleaning service – 2 hours/day
- Weekly linen change
- Laundry service
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Nanny service
- Additional maid service
- Maximum 14 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pet dogs permitted upon request only
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- Check-in between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Checkout before 10 a.m.
- 2 km to:
- Post office
- Town of Segromigno Monte
- 10 km to Capannori motorway exit
- 12 km to Lucca
- 37 km to Pisa Galileo Galilei airport
- 60 km to Florence
- 45 km to Forte dei Marmi beach
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.