Lucca Area, Tuscany, Italy
6 br, 6 ba (3 Ensuite), Pool
7 night minimum stay
Maid service: 3 times a week
2 Double Bed, 2 Queen Bed, 4 Twin Bed
4 km to town
500 meters to tennis
10 minute to horseback riding
Barbecue, CD player, Children's play room, Fireplace , Satellite television , Washer, Wheelchair Accessible
Nestled into the Maulina hills near Lucca, Casa Rosa is a restored farmhouse that’s cheery inside and out. It’s quiet and private, yet close to town, and includes an accessible bedroom suite. Since it’s located on the same estate as Villa Clara, both villas could be rented by large parties, but Casa Rosa is secluded enough to be its own retreat.
A winding gravel drive leads to Casa Rosa’s garden and lawn. Prepare a meal on the outdoor grill and enjoy it on the sun-drenched patio, then spend the afternoon floating in the saltwater pool or sunbathing on one of the chaise lounges around it. Explore a chapel on the property, walk down to nearby tennis courts or ask the on-site caretakers for local recommendations.
The villa’s happy pink walls are matched on the inside by pretty floral upholstery and warm yellow walls. Many of the rooms are furnished with traditional Tuscan furniture that adds both character and comfort. The cozy living room has ample seating, including a sectional and several armchairs. The light-filled kitchen opens onto the garden and is stocked with everything from a juicer to an immersion blender.
Casa Rosa’s six bedrooms can sleep up to twelve guests and are divided evenly over the home’s two stories. On the ground floor, one bedroom has a queen bed and a private accessible bathroom. The other two bedrooms on the ground floor each have two twin beds; one has a shared bathroom and the other has a private bathroom. On the second floor, all three bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. One has two twin beds, another has a queen bed and the third has a double bed.
Though the villa is located in the countryside, near tennis courts and riding stables, it’s also ten minutes from the walled city of Lucca. If you’d like to explore other towns and cities in the region—or simply enjoy a drive through the Tuscan scenery—the highway is less than 4 miles away and can take you to Pisa or Florence.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Bedroom / Bathroom Description
Queen size bed, Private accessible bathroom with shower
2 Twin beds, Private shared bathroom with shower
2 Twin beds, Private bathroom with tub
2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with shower, Access to children's playroom
Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
Bedroom 6 - Master
Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Large seating area
Features & Amenities
- Coffee maker
- Immersion blender
- Satellite TV
- Stereo/CD player
- Washing machine
- Children's playroom
- Baby cot
- High chair
- Saltwater swimming pool
- Loungers and sun chairs
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill
Staff & Services
- Maid service – 2 hours a day, 3 days a week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Cook service
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Nanny service
- Additional maid service
- Mandatory Visitor’s Tax of 1.50€ per person per day payable on-site
- Applicable on the first 7 days
- Fees and conditions are subject to change
- Maximum 12 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pet dogs permitted
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- Check-in between 4 pm and 7 pm
- Check-out before 10 a.m. on the day of departure
- 200 meters to tennis court
- 4 km to Centre of Lucca
- 26 km to Pisa Galileo Galilei (PSA)
- 5 km to riding stables
- 6 km to Lucca motorway exit
- 70 km to Florence
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.