Lucca Area, Tuscany, Italy
4 br, 3 ba (2 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Double Bed, 6 Twin Bed
35 km to airport
10 km to beach
1 km to shopping
Alfresco dining, Barbecue, Dishwasher , Dryer, Fireplace , Outdoor furniture, Washer, Wi-Fi
Stay in the heart of the Tuscan countryside at La Madonnina. A short drive down an unpaved road leads you to this four-bedroom farmhouse, perched on a hillside hamlet with stunning views of the area around Camaiore. The recently restored interiors strike a balance between picturesque traditional style and sleeker contemporary lines.
A two-level pool is the centerpiece of the three-story villa’s outdoor spaces, tucked into olive groves. Spend an afternoon in a chaise longue on the terrace by the pool, and enjoy an al fresco dinner at the table there or under the loggia. For ambience, there’s a fireplace in the living room; for convenience, there’s Wi-Fi access.
La Madonnina’s magazine-worthy interiors pair fresh white walls and furnishings with original stone walls, beamed ceilings and pops of color via cushions and flowers. The living room’s focal point is the large fireplace, while the dining room’s French doors open to the terrace. The fully equipped kitchen has modern appliances and contemporary lines in its sleek, pale-wood cabinets.
On the ground floor, you’ll find two bedrooms with two twin beds each and a shared bathroom; one of the bedrooms has a private entrance. Upstairs, a third bedroom has a double bed, en-suite bathroom and its own terrace overlooking the pool. The fourth bedroom has two twin beds and an en-suite bathroom.
The villa is less than a mile from the shops and post office in the village of Nocchi, and just 2 miles from the larger town of Camaiore. Take a day trip to the shores of the Lido di Camaiore beach, about 6 miles away. If you’re after a slightly more urban atmosphere, the famous squares, gardens and museums of Lucca are about 14 miles away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: 2 Twin beds, Shared bathroom, Independent entrance from outside
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin beds, Shared bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Terrace overlooking the pool area
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Well equipped kitchen with modern appliances
- Wi-Fi access
- Split-level swimming pool – unheated
- Outdoor furniture
- Al fresco dining
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service - 6 hours per week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Adventure activities
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
Points of Interest:
- 1 km to:
- Post office
- Nocchi village
- 5 km to Camaiore
- 23 km to Lucca
- 10 km to Lido di Camaiore beach
- 35 km to Pisa Galileo Galilei Airport (PSA)
- Maximum 8 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- Check-in between 4pm and 7pm
- Check-out before 10 a.m. on the day of departure
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.