Lucca Area, Tuscany, Italy
5 br, 5.5 ba (5 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Maid service: 3 times a week
4 Double Bed, 2 Twin Bed
45 km to beach
2 km to shopping
Barbecue, CD player, Fireplace , Satellite television , Stereo, VCR
Tucked in the hills near Segromigno in Monte, Casa Maria provides a warm welcome in a beautiful setting. The restored farmhouse’s soft yellow walls, covered in flowering vines, lead to cozy interiors that include an accessible bedroom suite. Wide lawns and a 17th-century garden offer views of the surrounding hills, and the villa’s location on the Fattoria Mansi Bernardini means the estate’s English-speaking staff is on hand to help.
The villa’s spacious patio has a barbecue and dining area, and a wide lawn leads to the inground pool. Spend the afternoon lounging and swimming and play a game or two on the estate’s tennis court. Ask the staff to cook a Tuscan specialty or get their recommendations on things to see and do in the area.
Inside, Casa Maria is warm and homey, with rustic, original beamed ceilings and floral prints. In the living room, plump sofas are gathered around a fireplace; paired with satellite TV and a hi-fi system, there’s everything you need for an evening in. The eat-in kitchen has a long, farmhouse-style table and banquette paired with cheery modern yellow millwork and new appliances.
Each of Casa Maria’s five bedrooms has an en-suite bathroom, and can be air-conditioned at extra cost. On the ground floor, there’s an accessible bedroom with a double bed. Upstairs, there are three more bedrooms with double beds, and one bedroom with two twin beds. Floral duvets and rugs spread over tile floors make the rooms both comfortable and lovely.
When you’re done exploring the Fattoria Mansi Bernardini estate, the village of Segromigno in Monte is just over a mile away. The city of Lucca is about 7 miles away, and Florence is about 37 miles away. Bring your swimsuit and sunglasses for a day at the beach (and some prime people-watching) at the resort town of Forte dei Marmi, about 28 miles away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Telephone, Located on the ground floor
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom, Telephone
- Bedroom 3 - Master: Double bed, En-suite bathroom, Telephone
- Bedroom 4: Double bed, En-suite bathroom, Telephone
- Bedroom 5: Double bed, En-suite bathroom, Telephone
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Coffee machine
- Satellite TV
- Hi-Fi system
- CD player
- Washing machine
- Baby cot and linen
- High chair
- Swimming pool – not heated
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill
- Tennis court
- Restaurant within the estate
STAFF & SERVICES
- 3 Times a week housekeeping – 2 hours per day
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Cook service
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Nanny service
- Additional maid service
- Air conditioning/heating consumption
Points of Interest:
- 2 km to shops and post office in Segromigno Monte
- 10 km to Capannori motorway exit
- 12 km to Lucca
- 60 km to Florence
- 45 km to Forte dei Marmi beaches
- 37 km to Pisa airport
- Maximum 10 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
- Check-in between 4-7pm
- Check out before 10am
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.
- Please note - The estate is composed with many other houses.