La Pozza di Volpaia
Chianti Area, Tuscany, Italy
6 br, 5 ba (4 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Maid service: 5 days a week
Double Bed, Single Bed, 8 Twin Bed
7 km to shopping
300 meters to restaurant
200 meters to tennis
Alfresco dining, Baby equipment, CD player, Coffee maker, Dishwasher , Fireplace , Juicer, Outdoor furniture, Satellite television , Stereo, Telephone, Toaster, VCR, Washer
Get a taste of rural Tuscan life at La Pozza di Volpaia. Located in the village of Volpaia, this six-bedroom stone villa is surrounded by a medieval fortified town, but has panoramic views of the countryside. Join in village life and take a cooking class, take a drive to other villages in the Chianti region or simply enjoy the sun by the pool.
The traditional house includes a shaded pergola where you can relax and another covered dining area overlooking the garden. If you’re craving sunshine, there are plenty of chaise longues around the pool with views of the rolling green hills. Spend a quiet evening in around the satellite TV, or set the mood with the stereo and CD player.
Inside La Pozza di Volpaia, white walls, wood doors and ceilings and traditional furnishings give the villa a rustic, homey feel. Sofas and chairs in the living room are arranged around a large fireplace, but large archways between rooms and French doors leading outside let the breezes pass through. The eat-in kitchen has modern equipment like a mixer and dishwasher and stone countertops.
Five of the villa’s six bedrooms are in the main house, and one is in a guest house just across the courtyard. In the main house, there are three bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms: one with a single bed, one with a double bed and one with two twin beds. The remaining two bedrooms each have two twin beds and a shared bathroom; one has access to the garden. In the guest house, there’s a bedroom with two twin beds and an en-suite bathroom.
Since the villa is less than a quarter mile from the center of the village of Volpaia, guests can easily stroll into town for dinner at a restaurant run by the local Castello di Volpaia farm. If you’d like to experience the local cuisine in a hands-on way, cooking classes can be arranged, and you can even work off your dinner by booking the tennis court just 200 meters from the villa. If you’d like to explore further, it’s about 4 miles to the village of Radda in Chianti, 25 miles to Siena and 34 miles to Florence.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Single bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with tub and separate shower
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin beds, Shared bathroom with bathtub and shower
- Bedroom 5: 2 Twin beds, Shared bathroom with tub and shower, Access to the garden
- Bedroom 6 – Guest House: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with bathtub
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Coffee machine (filter + mocha)
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Stereo / CD player
- Baby equipment
- Washing machine
- Swimming pool – not heated
- Alfresco dining
- Shady pergola
- Outdoor furniture
- Portable BBQ
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service 4 hours a day 5 days a week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Adventure activities
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
- Mandatory Visitor’s Tax of 1.50€ per person per day payable on-site
- Applicable on the first 7 days
- Fees and conditions are subject to change
Points of Interest:
- 200 meters to tennis court
- 200 meters to restaurant
- 7 km to:
- Post office
- Radda in Chianti village
- 40 km to Siena
- 55 km to Florence
- Maximum 11 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
- Check-in between 4pm and 7pm
- Check-out before 10 a.m. on the day of departure
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.