Siena Area, Tuscany, Italy
6 br, 5 ba (2 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Maid service: 5 days a week
2 Bunk bed, 2 King Bed, 2 Queen Bed, 2 Twin Bed
4 km to shopping
Electric Pool Cover, Infinity Pool
Alfresco dining, Fireplace , Outdoor furniture, Telephone, Terrace, Washer, Wi-Fi
Set on a hilltop on a wine-producing estate near Siena, villa Le Porciglia offers stunning vistas inside and out. The lush grounds feature an infinity-edge pool, herb garden and dining and lounging areas, while the magazine-worthy, fully restored interiors mix modern and antique pieces to striking effect.
The traditional stone villa has a large terrace with an uncovered dining table, covered dining table and covered built-in seating area. Catch the breeze coming off the herb garden, take in the view of the countryside and cool off in the pool, which has an infinity edge. A vine-covered pergola is the perfect spot for more intimate meals. Inside, there are modern comforts like Wi-Fi access and air conditioning in three of the six bedrooms.
Le Porciglia is centered around an open, airy living room with a dramatic two-story ceiling, original fireplace and stone floors. Linen-toned sofas are a plush reading spot, while beaded chandeliers overhead make a strong style statement. In the modern kitchen and dining room, exposed stone walls and vaulted ceilings show off the home’s traditional bones.
The villa has two master suites: one with a queen bed and en-suite bathroom, and one with a king bed, en-suite bathroom, fireplace and private terrace. A queen bedroom and a bedroom with two sets of bunk beds share a bathroom. The pool guest house has a bedroom with king bed and en-suite bathroom, and there’s an apartment with queen bed and bathroom, small sitting room and kitchenette, and separate entrance.
For shopping and amenities like a post office, head to the village of Casole d’Elsa, just over 2 miles away. The famed medieval architecture of San Gimignano is just under 10 miles away, and the city of Siena is about 12 miles away. Take a day trip to Volterra, 17 miles away, or Florence, 36 miles away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate double shower, Fireplace, Air conditioning, Panoramic terrace
- Bedroom 2 - Master: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Shared bathroom with bedroom 4, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 4: 2 Sets of bunk beds, Shared bathroom with bedroom 3, Air conditioning, Suitable for children
- Bedroom 5 – Pool Guest House: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Portable air conditioning unit
- Bedroom 6 - Apartment: Queen size bed, Bathroom, Portable air conditioning unit
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Air conditioned 1st floor bedrooms
- CD player
- Wi-Fi access
- Infinity pool
- Herb garden
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining
STAFF & SERVICES
- At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Adventure activities
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Linen service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Mandatory maid service 4 hours per day, 5 days a week (€ 700 per week payable on site)
LOCATION Points of Interest:
- 5 km to Casole d'Elsa village with post office and shops
- 16 km to Gimignano
- 20 km to Siena
- 28 km to Volterra
- 58 km to Florence
- Maximum 12 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets permitted upon request
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- Check-in between 4pm and 7pm
- Check-out before 10 a.m. on the day of departure
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available and is charged based on consumption per day and must be paid directly to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.