Florence Area, Tuscany, Italy
6 br, 5 ba (4 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Maid service: 5 days a week
3 Double Bed, Queen Bed, 4 Twin Bed
Alfresco dining, Barbecue, Coffee maker, Dishwasher , Fax machine, Fireplace , Microwave, Outdoor furniture, Stereo, Telephone, Toaster, TV, Washer
Ricavoli is the quintessential Tuscan villa: rich in history, yet comfortable for modern visitors. Made up of three buildings, the oldest of which dates to the 13th century, the property was once used by pilgrims. Today, it’s been fully restored and offers a pastoral setting for travelers who crave peace and quiet but still want to be close to Florence, just under 9 miles away.
Perched on a hill with views of the hills around Florence and a lake, the villa is covered in blooming vines and surrounded by a garden full of lush wildflowers. A furnished veranda lets you take advantage of the views, and come dinnertime, there’s a barbecue and al fresco dining area. The pool has a separate changing room and shower, and for indoor entertainment, there’s a ping-pong table and billiards room.
Parts of Ricavoli may date to medieval times, but the villa’s decor is charming and fresh. Cozy beamed ceilings and a fireplace are balanced by airy white walls, and painted wood trim is paired with colorful upholstery and artwork. The kitchen charms with painted millwork and a farmhouse-style table, but it also has modern appliances.
On the ground floor, the villa has a bedroom with a double bed and en-suite bathroom that’s accessible only through the garden. Upstairs, you’ll find a bedroom with two twin beds a bedroom with a double bed sharing a bathroom and a bedroom with a double bed and en-suite bathroom. The master bedroom has a queen bed and en-suite bathroom. The sixth bedroom, has two twin beds and an en-suite bathroom and from this bedroom a small tower, is reached by a staircase.
Don’t be fooled by the villa’s location just over a mile from the quiet village of San Donato in Collina; it’s a quick 9 mile trip to the bustling center of Florence. If you’d like to explore closer to home, the town of Incisa is about 7 miles away; if you want to take a day trip, the highway is also about 7 miles away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- This property maintains the rustic charm of Tuscany. Guests may not find the newest appliances and furnishings, but will appreciate the rustic finishes, perfect for the wine country setting.
While this property offers magnificent views, be prepared to navigate the steep and narrow road to the villa.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 – Ground Floor: Double bed, En-suite bathroom, Accessible only through the Garden
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin beds, Shared bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Double bed, Shared bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Double bed, En-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 5: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom, Stairs leading to small tower, Not suitable for the elderly or the very young
- Bedroom 6 - Master: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate shower
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Coffee maker
- CD player
- Fax machine
- Washing machine
- Baby equipment
- Swimming pool – not heated
- Alfresco dining
- Portable BBQ grill
- Outdoor furniture
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service is included 3 hours a day, 5 days a week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Adventure activities
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
Points of Interest:
- 2 km to S.Donato in Collina
- 2.7 km to Le Corti Restaurant
- 6 km Rignano S.A.
- 11 km to Incisa
- 12 km to Florence motorway
- 14 km to Florence center
- Maximum 12 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
- Check-in between 4pm and 7pm
- Check-out before 10 a.m. on the day of departure
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.