Pisa Area, Tuscany, Italy
5 br, 4 ba (2 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Maid service: 3 times a week
French Bed , 2 Queen Bed, 4 Twin Bed
30 km to airport
40 km to golf course
3 km to shopping
5 km to tennis court
Air conditioned bedrooms, Fax machine, Fireplace , Internet - ISDN
Like much of Italy itself, Le Rondini effortlessly mixes old and new. Original architectural features and a well-maintained garden give the five-bedroom villa historic character, while new additions like a modern kitchen and stunning pool add up-to-date comfort. Not only does the property’s location near Montopoli in Val d’Arno afford great views, nearby highway access makes it easy to explore the region.
Green lawns and mature trees spread out around the hilltop villa, and brick paths lead down to a large, curving pool, complete with waterfall, terrace and lounge chairs. Prepare dinner on the barbecue, then dine al fresco on a covered veranda. Explore the nearby villages and countryside on the available bicycles, and sleep soundly in bedrooms with air conditioning, available at additional cost.
The rustic interiors of Le Rondini are warm and welcoming. In the living room, plush sofas, a built-in bookshelf and large fireplace invite you to curl up and stay awhile. Original stone walls, beamed ceilings and cotto floors are reminders of the house’s past, but an ADSL line and satellite TV are definitely of the 21st century. The well-equipped kitchen has stone countertops and modern appliances.
Le Rondini’s five bedrooms can accommodate up to nine guests. On the villa’s ground floor, you’ll find a bedroom with French bed and shared bathroom. Upstairs, there are two bedrooms with two twin beds each that share a bathroom. The remaining two bedrooms each have a queen bed and an en-suite bathroom.
Whether you rent a car or take one of the villa’s bicycles, it’s just under 2 miles to the shops and restaurants in the village of Montopoli. Bring your racquets to the tennis courts 3 miles away, or your clubs to the Castelfalfi golf course, about 25 miles away. If you’d like to see more of Tuscany than the view from the terrace, the highway is about 7 miles away, Pisa is about 19 miles away and Florence is about 24 miles away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
NOTE: Please note that there are resident cats in the neighborhood. Anyone with allergies should be advised.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- There is a smaller, 3-person house called La Capinera located on the same estate as Le Rondini.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 – Ground Floor: French bed, Shared bathroom with shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin beds, Shares bathroom with shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin beds, Shares bathroom with bedroom 2, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Air Conditioning in bedrooms
- Coffee machine
- Satellite TV
- Stereo system
- CD player
- Fax machine
- Washing machine
- Baby equipment - available upon request
- Swimming pool – not heated
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill
- Outdoor furniture
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service - 3 hours a day, 3 days a week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Adventure activities
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
- Car hire
- Airport transfers
Points of Interest:
- 3 km to:
- Post office
- Montopoli village
- 5 km to tennis court
- 11 km to highway exit
- 38 km to Florence
- 40 km to Castelfalfi golf course
- 30 km to Pisa Galileo Galilei airport (PSA)
- Maximum 9 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets dogs permitted
- Check-in between 4pm and 7pm
- Check-out before 10 a.m. on the day of departure
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.