Lucca Area, Tuscany, Italy
6 br, 6 ba (6 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
2 Double Bed, Queen Bed, 6 Twin Bed
35 km to airport
25 km to beach
5 km to shopping
Barbecue, CD player, Ceiling fan, Dryer, DVD player, Fireplace , Satellite television , Stereo, Washer
Once an olive mill and barn, La Sorgente is now a charming, comfortable retreat in the hills between Lucca and the Versilia coast. Whether you want to stroll the walls and gardens of Lucca or the sands of the Versilia beaches, both are just 15 miles away. The fully restored stone building has airy interiors, plenty of space for up to twelve guests and beautiful views of the countryside.
The villa was once two separate buildings that are now connected by an entrance hall and terrace. Other outdoor spaces include both shaded and sunny dining areas, a barbecue and a brick patio around the saltwater pool. Challenge family and friends to a game on the bocce court, or simply stroll in the garden. Inside, there’s a telescope so you can stargaze far from city lights.
Many of La Sorgente’s original features have been preserved, but given a modern update. Beamed ceilings have been whitewashed for a bright, clean look, and wood trim has been refreshed with mint green paint. The cheery living room has both a fireplace and garden access through a pair of wide French doors. The roomy kitchen is open to the dining area and has modern flair thanks to silver pendant lights and a graphic tile backsplash.
Each of the villa’s six bedrooms has an en-suite bathroom and ceiling fan. On the ground floor, there’s a bedroom with two twin beds. Upstairs, the master suite has a queen bed and walk-in closet. The second floor also has two bedrooms with two twin beds each, and two bedrooms with a double bed each.
Should you need to come down from the hills, shopping and banking in the village of San Martino in Freddana are just 3 miles away. The city of Lucca and its highway access are about 15 miles to the southeast, while the beaches of Versilia are about 15 miles to the west. If you’re coming from or going elsewhere in Italy, the Pisa airport is about 22 miles away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 – Ground Floor: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with shower, Standing fan
- Bedroom 2 - Master: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and bathtub, Walk-in closet, Ceiling fan, Telescope
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with shower, Ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Standing fan
- Bedroom 5: Double, En-suite bathroom with bathtub, Ceiling fan
- Bedroom 6: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with bathtub, Ceiling fan
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Immersion blender
- Coffee maker
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Stereo/CD player
- Baby cot with linen
- High chair
- Saltwater pool – not heated
- Boccie court
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill
- Pool towels
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service - 9 hours a week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
Points of Interest:
- 5 km to San Martino Freddana village with shops, bank and post office
- 25 km to Lucca town and motorway exit
- 25 km to Versilia beaches
- 35 km to Pisa Galileo Galilei (PSA)
- Maximum 12 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- Check-in between 4pm and 7pm
- Check-out before 10 a.m. on the day of departure
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.