Lucca Area, Tuscany, Italy
10 br, 9 ba (8 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Maid service: 5 days a week
6 Double Bed, 8 Twin Bed
26 km to airport
4 km to town
500 meters to tennis
Alfresco dining, Barbecue, Blender, Chapel, Coffee maker, Dishwasher , Dryer, DVD player, Fan, Fireplace , High Chair, Juicer, Microwave, Outdoor furniture, Satellite television , Stereo, Toaster, Washer, Wi-Fi
Experience the Italian countryside in refined comfort at Villa Clara, just outside Lucca. Once a manor house, the villa dates from the 18th century and sits at the center of a formal park surrounded by a wine-producing estate. Ten bedrooms in the stately house can accommodate up to twenty guests. If your party is larger, you can rent Casa Rosa, located on the same estate, for extra space.
Though the villa is surrounded by a well-manicured garden, it has plenty of space for relaxing. Prepare a meal on the outdoor barbecue, or ask the caretakers to arrange a local cooking service. Enjoy Tuscan specialties at one of the shaded al fresco dining areas, or pull a lounge chair into a sunny spot. For fun, there’s a pool, billiards room and Wi-Fi access on the ground floor; for quieter moments, there’s room for reflection in the ornate chapel.
Villa Clara’s interiors are elegant yet comfortable. The living room pairs damask wallpaper and crystal chandeliers with striped and gingham upholstery, and in other rooms, antique furnishings like carved armoires contrast with humbler beamed ceilings. The spacious eat-in kitchen has rustic details like exposed brick shelving that conceal modern conveniences like a mixer and immersion blender.
Eight of the house’s ten bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. On the second story, you’ll find three bedrooms with double beds, and one bedroom with two twin beds and a shared bathroom. On the third floor, there are three bedrooms with double beds, and three additional bedrooms with two twin beds each.
The villa’s grounds may have views of the countryside, but it’s just over 2 miles from the center of Lucca. Active guests will enjoy the tennis court, just over a quarter mile away, and the riding stables, 3 miles away. If you’d like to explore the area, the highway is about 4 miles away, and Florence is about 43 miles away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3: Double bed, Shared bathroom with bedroom 4
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin beds, Shared bathroom with bedroom 3
- Bedroom 5: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 6: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 7: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 8: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with bathtub and shower
- Bedroom 9: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with bathtub and shower
- Bedroom 10: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Coffee machine
- Immersion blender
- Billiard room
- Satellite TV
- Cable TV
- DVD player
- Stereo/CD player
- Wi-Fi access (ground floor only)
- Baby cot and linen
- High chair
- Swimming pool – not heated
- Alfresco dining
- Portable charcoal BBQ grill
- Outdoor furniture
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service - 3 hours/day, 5 days/week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Adventure activities
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
Points of Interest:
- 500 meters to tennis court
- 4 km to center of Lucca
- 5km to Riding stable
- 6km to Lucca motorway exit
- 70 km to Florence
- 26 km to Pisa Galileo Galilei airport (PSA)
- Maximum 20 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets - dogs permitted
- Check-in between 4pm and 7pm
- Check-out before 10 a.m. on the day of departure
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.