Villa di Montelopio
Pisa Area, Tuscany, Italy
5 br, 4 ba (1 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
2 Double Bed, Single Bed, 4 Twin Bed
35 km to airport
1 km to shopping
Alfresco dining, Baby equipment, Barbecue, CD player, Dishwasher , DVD player, 3 Fireplace , Library, Satellite television , VCR, Washer
Take a holiday from the ordinary at the spectacular Villa di Montelopio. Dating from the 16th century, the property retains its original stateliness, but has been recently restored. During your stay, enjoy meals prepared by the on-site cook from the villa’s vegetable garden. Spend your holiday by the pool, or use the property as a base to explore the Pisa region.
The villa’s vine covered walls cluster around a central stone courtyard, where there are two dining tables perfect for breakfast. There’s also plenty of seating around the in ground pool, which is tucked into the olive groves. Cook service is included, but there’s a barbecue if you’d like to try your own hand at local specialties. Musical guests will appreciate the piano in the living room.
Many of Villa di Montelopio’s rooms still have their Renaissance style grandeur—think beamed ceilings, cotto floors, carved wood furniture and stained glass windows. Gather around the large fireplace in the living room, reminiscent of a great hall, or relax in the more casually furnished library and TV room. If you need a snack between meals, the kitchen has modern facilities.
The villa’s five bedrooms are divided between the central part of the house, its tower and the right wing. In the main house, there’s a bedroom with two twin beds and bathroom access. The bedroom in the tower has a double bed, en-suite bathroom, air conditioning and its own sitting area. In the right wing, one bedroom has a double bed, the second has two twin beds and the third has a single bed. All three have shared bathrooms.
As its name implies, the villa is located in the village of Montelopio. It’s less than a mile from the property to shops and other amenities in the village of Fabbrica, and a 15 minute drive to the medieval village of Castelfalfi and its 21st century golf course. If you’d like to do some sightseeing, the nearest highway access is 19 miles away, the city of Pisa is 22 miles away, and Lucca is about 30 miles away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Tower: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning, Sitting area
- Bedroom 2 – Main Building: 2 Twin beds, Access to bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Double bed, Shared bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin beds, Shared bathroom
- Bedroom 5: Single bed, Shared bathroom
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- 3 Fireplaces
- Coffee maker
- Cable TV
- DVD player
- CD player
- Baby equipment
- Swimming pool
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining
- Portable BBQ grill
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid and cook service – 8 hours a day, 5 days a week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Adventure activities
- Cooking lessons
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
- Air conditioning
Points of Interest:
500 m to La Piazzetta Arona Restaurant
- 1 km to to:
- Post office
- 2 km to village of Fabbrica
- 30 km to nearest motorway exit
- 50 km to Lucca
- 65 km to Florence
- 35 km to Pisa Galileo Galilei airport
- Maximum 9 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
- Check-in between 4pm and 7pm
- Check-out before 10 a.m. on the day of departure
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.