Chianti Area, Tuscany, Italy
7 br, 4 ba, Pool
7 night minimum stay
Maid service: 5 days a week
4 Double Bed, 6 Twin Bed
35 km to airport
15 km to golf course
4 km to tennis court
4 km to town
Alfresco dining, DVD player, SKY Digital TV, Stereo, VCR, Washer, Wireless Internet Access
Situated on a hilltop outside the village of Greve in Chianti, Montoro offers expansive views, manicured grounds and elegant, comfortable interiors. This handsome seven-bedroom stone villa was built in the 19th century and recently renovated. Relax around the pool and admire the surrounding rolling hills and olive groves, or take a day trip to Florence or a nearby town.
Take advantage of the villa’s location on one of its spacious terraces, which feature tables and chairs, canopies and a barbecue. A deck overlooking the pool is ideal for sunbathing, and the pool itself is bordered by a trim lawn and hedge. Despite Montoro’s charming turn-of-the-century character, it has Sky cable TV and Wi-Fi access. If you have questions or concerns, ask the owner, who lives on the estate in a separate apartment.
Inside, sunlight bounces off the cream-colored walls and cotto floors. In the living room and library, beamed ceilings, an original carved mantel and antique furniture are paired with plump slipcovered and plaid sofas for a cozy feel. The spacious eat in kitchen boasts modern appliances and a fresh, cheerful vibe thanks to painted millwork.
Montoro’s seven bedrooms are divided between the main house and a guest house. In the main house, there are three bedrooms with a double bed and access to a shared bathroom. There’s also a fourth bedroom with two twin beds and access to a bathroom, and a fifth bedroom with two twin beds, access to a bathroom and a door to a covered terrace. In the guest house, one bedroom has a double bed and the other has two twin beds; both have a shared bathroom.
From the villa, it’s about 2½ miles through rolling countryside to the village of Greve in Chianti, where you’ll find shops, a bank, a post office and a tennis court. Bring your clubs and drive the 9 miles to the Ugolino golf course, or bring your camera and drive the 15 miles to Florence. If you’re flying in or out of the region, the Florence airport is about 22 miles away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: 2 Twin beds, Access to bathroom
- Bedroom 2: Double bed, Access to bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Double bed, Access to bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Double bed, Access to bathroom
- Bedroom 5: 2 Twin beds, Access to bathroom, Opens to a small covered terrace
- Bedroom 6: Double bed, Shared bathroom
- Bedroom 7: 2 Twin beds, Shared bathroom
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Coffee maker
- Satellite TV
- Sky cable
- DVD player
- Stereo/CD player
- Wi-Fi access
- 2 Baby cots – linen included
- High chair
- Swimming pool – not heated
- Alfresco dining
- Portable BBQ grill
- Outdoor furniture
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service is included 2 hours a day, 5 days a week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Adventure activities
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
- Mandatory Visitor’s Tax of 1.50€ per person per day payable on-site:
- Applicable on the first 7 days
- Fees and conditions are subject to change
Points of Interest:
- 4 km to:
- Post office
- Tennis court
- Village of Greve in Chianti
- 15 km to Ugolino golf course
- 25 km to Florence
- 75 km to Siena
- 35 km to Florence Peretola airport (FLR)
- Maximum 14 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets - dogs permitted
- Check-in between 4pm and 7pm
- Check-out before 10 a.m. on the day of departure
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- There is a small apartment in the property where the homeowner stays occasionally
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.