Lucca Area, Tuscany, Italy
3 br, 3 ba
7 night minimum stay
2 Double Bed, 2 Twin Bed
35 km to airport
25 km to beach
5 km to restaurant
5 km to shopping
11 km to town
Alfresco dining, Baby equipment, Barbecue, Blender, CD player, Coffee maker, 2 Dishwasher , DVD player, Fireplace , Internet access, Juicer, Microwave, Outdoor furniture, Piano , Stereo, Telephone, Toaster, TV, Washer
High in the hills between Lucca and the Versilian coast, Casa Fiora offers a gorgeous perspective on the Tuscan countryside. The three-bedroom stone farmhouse was restored in 2004 but retains all its rustic charm, with original architectural features and modern perks like a swimming pool. Larger groups can rent nearby villa La Sorgente at the same time for more space.
During your stay, there’s plenty of ways to relax and take in the view. The farmhouse has two terraces: one facing the pool and one on the opposite side of the house, so there’s always a shady spot. The saltwater pool and surrounding lawn have a panoramic view of the hills. An outdoor barbecue, tables and chairs make al fresco dining a snap. For cooler days, firewood is provided for the indoor fireplace.
The villa’s original beamed ceilings and terracotta floors make it clear you’re in Tuscany. The living room is warm and comfortable, with plenty of cozy armchairs and even a piano to gather around. Cooks and diners alike will appreciate the spacious eat-in kitchen, which has plenty of room for meal prep at one end, a long dining table, and a fireplace and waiting armchair at the other end.
Casa Fiora’s three bedrooms are equally charming, with soft-toned walls, colorful accents and shuttered windows. Two of the bedrooms have double beds, and the third bedroom has two twin beds. Each of the bedrooms has access to a bathroom. Baby equipment is available for the youngest guests as well.
For shopping, a restaurant and more, head into the village of San Martino in Freddana, 3 miles away. The city of Lucca and adjacent highway access are about 7 miles to the southeast, while the beaches of the Versilia area are about 15 miles to the west. If you want to do more sightseeing or leave the region, Pisa and its airport are about 22 miles away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Bedroom / Bathroom Description
Double bed, Access to bathroom
Double bed, Access to bathroom
2 Twin beds, Access to bathroom
Features & Amenities
- Coffee maker
- Immersion blender
- DVD player
- CD player
- Baby equipment
- Washing machine
- Salted swimming pool – open between May 30 and October 3
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill
- Panoramic terraces
Staff & Services
- Weekly linen change
- Maid service – 6 hours a week
- Firewood provided
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Nanny service
- Additional maid service
- Villa heating
- Maximum 6 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets dog permitted
- Saturday to Saturday rentals only
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- Check-in between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Check out before 10 a.m.
- 5 km to:
- Post office
- Village of San Martino in Freddana
- 11 km to town of Lucca and motorway exit
- 35 km to Pisa Galileo Galilei airport
- 25 km to Versilia beach
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.