Sian Kaan, Riviera Maya, Mexico
3 br, 3.5 ba (2 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Butler, Cook , Gardener, Maid service: daily
3 King Bed
130 km to airport
Alfresco dining, Barbecue, CD player, Computer, DVD player, Home theatre, Internet - DSL, Satellite television
Located in the Sian Kaan Biosphere Reserve, Casa Nalum rests along the white sand beaches of the Mexican Caribbean. The barrier reef is within swimming distance, and the lagoon located at the back of the property leads you to ancient Mayan canals. This luxury residence sets new standards for eco-design and comfort, and brings you full-board services that include massages, sailing, snorkeling and fine cuisine.
The house has many open areas where you can relax, read a book or sunbathe. The roof terrace has exceptional views of both the sunrises over the sea and sunsets over the lagoon. Cool off with a dip in the pristine swimming pool. You can dine in the formal dining area or other parts of the house like the rooftop, the terraces, the deck or even the beach. Cuisine can be tailored to your taste and is based on a fusion of Mexican and European flavors. Your personal chef pays particular attention to cooking with only the freshest ingredients. The friendly staff, including housekeeping and butler will be delighted to attend to your needs and make your holiday unforgettable!
The living area is located at the centre of the house with a large sofa where you can play games, watch films on a 120-inch cinema screen, listen to music or just enjoy the views of the sea. With a high palapa-style ceiling you will really feel the tropical vibration. Access to the outdoors is a breeze!
Four immaculate bedrooms accommodate up to eight guests at Casa Nalum. Children are welcome. All of the bedrooms have air conditioning, and the bathrooms offer Aveda beauty products. Three bedrooms provide terrace access and hammocks, and the master suite includes Sky TV. The fourth bedroom ladder leads to the attic level.
You will cherish the memories you take with you from your stay at this bijou villa located within a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Casa Nalum provides the opportunity for conscientious luxury living in a tropical setting where you and your group will feel like the only people around for miles. Nearby activities include fly fishing, scuba diving, kite boarding, tennis, golf and local excursions. Back at Casa Nalum, it’s just you, the turquoise water, the gently swaying palms and the glowing white sand. This trip will surely be one for the books!
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- The villa is perfect for people seeking privacy, as it takes 20 minutes each way to arrive at the nearest town.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, En-suite bathroom, Air conditioning, Sky TV, Terrace, Hammock
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Shared bathroom with Bedroom 3, Air conditioning, Terrace, Hammocks
- Bedroom 3: 2 Double beds, Shared bathroom with Bedroom 2, Air conditioning, Terrace, Hammocks
- Additional Bedding - Attic Room: King size bed, En-suite bathroom, Ceiling fan, Sky TV, Ladder access to attic level (Please note: This room is suitable for teenagers and smaller in comparison to the other 3 bedrooms)
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Game table
- SKY TV
- DVD player
- Home theatre
- Satellite internet
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Swimming pool
- Outdoor furniture
- Roof terrace
- Snorkeling equipment
- Beach toys
- Yoga mats
STAFF & SERVICES
- 2x One-way airport transfers – minimum 7-night stay required
- Daily meals and snacks (Breakfast 8:00-10:00, Lunch 12:30-15:00, Dinner 19:00-21:00)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
Packing & Unpacking service (upon request)
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Laundry Service (off-site, 48 hour turnaround)
- Cooking classes
- Mexican Wine Tasting
- Tequila Tasting
- Private Helicopter & pick up service
- Massages and Body Treatments
- Special Fitness, Wellness & Detox programs
- Yoga/ Sup Yoga, Fitness Healing & Meditation programs or private
- Wedding venue
- Group retreats
Points of Interest:
- 120 minute drive from Cancun to Tulum
- 180 minute drive from Mérida to Tulum
- 20 minutes from Tulum to Sian Kaan
- Maximum 8 guests
- Children welcome
- No smoking in the Villa
- Security deposit required
- Basic gratuities for the house staff have been included in your payment. However, additional tipping is welcome and good practice in Mexico. The method of payment is in cash directly to the villa manager
- Restaurants nearby include: Italian, Vegetarian, Mexican, Argentinean and International cuisine
- Activities nearby include: Fly Fishing, Sailing, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Kiteboarding, Tennis, Golf, Local Excursions
- Cash is a necessity as most vendors in Tulum do not accept Credit Cards on site
Regional Information - The Reserve
“Sian Kaan” is translated from Mayan as “where the sky is born”.
The Sian Kaan Biosphere Reserve was established in 1986 by presidential decree, and in 1987 the reserve was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Sian Kaan faces the greatest challenge of conservation: to find a way to integrate human activities without compromising other forms of life contained within its boundaries.
Sian Kaan is approximately 1.3 million acres in size and spans 120 kilometres from north to south (comprising almost one third of the Caribbean coast of Mexico). In 1994, an area of over 200,000 acres to the south of the Reserve was named a Protected Area of Flora and Fauna of Uaymil, increasing the continuous area of protected land.
The reserve contains three large core zones where human activity is limited by permission to scientific research. Low-impact human activities and sustainable development occur in the area of the reserve known as the buffer zone. The human population is estimated at 2,000 inhabitants, the majority of which are located in the coastal regions, especially in the fishing villages of Punta Allen and Punta Herrero. Approximately one percent of the land within the reserve is privately owned.
The northernmost section of Sian Kaan (where Casa Nalum is) contains what is thought to be an ancient trade route through lagoons with ruins and mangrove channels between the cities of Tulum and Muyil.
Please note that staff at Casa Nalum will attentively clean 100 yards directly in front of the villa. Also the team cleans a further 300 yards in each direction from plastic bottles or any other inorganic material - not from organic material such as sea grass or drift wood that are part of nature.