Teague Bay, St. Croix, Caribbean
4 br, 4.5 ba (4 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
2 King Bed, 2 King bed-twins pushed together
40 minute drive to airport
5 minute drive to beach
25 minute drive to grocery store
5 minute drive to restaurants
30 minute drive to town
Air conditioned bedrooms, Alfresco dining, Breakfast bar, Ceiling fan, Dryer, DVD player, Fully equipped kitchen, Gated property, Grill, Internet access, Outdoor furniture, Stereo, TV, Washer
This private, gated residence evokes the romance of exotic travels around the globe and the serenity of the far east, right on St. Croix’s east end.
A large living room shares its seashell collection with plantation furnishings and designer fabrics from the spice isles of Indonesia. Built-in cabinetry throughout the house recalls storage crafted for a sailing schooner, and West Indian-style window shutters open to allow in the trade winds that give the villa its name.
The spacious kitchen is outfitted with stainless steel appliances and a huge center island with built-in wine rack and custom mahogany bar. French doors beside the indoor dining area lead to a trellised terrace where you can dine outside whenever you want to enjoy the sound and scent of the surf.
Two bedrooms on the main level have custom coral and tile en-suite bathrooms. The master bedroom faces the sea and has its own private sun terrace above the pool, while the second overlooks lush tropical plantings.
On the lower garden level of the villa, you find a very private studio suite with its own galley kitchen, king bed, flat screen TV and overstuffed couch. It opens onto a large pool, with cut coral tile deck, where you can laze away balmy days in the water with a close-up view of the Caribbean.
With its many charms, Whispering Wind’s most unforgettable feature is its white sandy beach where you can stroll, swim, or snorkel with only frigate birds for company. Search for shells each morning and collect smooth sea glass at sunset—you’ll discover a sense of well-being you’d almost forgotten was possible.
Bedroom / Bathroom Description
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning, Private terrace overlooking pool and beachfront
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin size beds, En-suite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin size beds, air-conditioning, Jack & Jill bathroom shared with bedroom 4 with stand-alone shower and bathtub
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Crib, Jack & Jill bathroom shared with bedroom 3 with stand-alone shower and bathtub, Air conditioning, Sitting area, Flat screen TV, Kitchenette, Direct access to pool deck
- Bedroom 5: King bed, En-suite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning, Flat screen TV, Sitting area, Work desk, Kitchen, Private terrace
Features & Amenities
- Air conditioned bedrooms
- Ceiling fans
- DVD player
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- Wine rack
- Breakfast bar
- Gated property
- Swimming pool
- Outdoor furniture
- Gas Grill
- Alfresco dining
- Gated property
Staff & Services
- Maid service (once per week)
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Maximum 10 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
- Events and parties not permitted
- The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for. The maximum number of guests allowed in any villa are 2 per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for the excess persons immediately, or vacate the villa without refund. Exceptions are made only for infants; if sleeping in a baby crib, they are NOT included in the villa's total count.
- Check in: 3:00 P.M.
- Check out: 11:00 A.M.
- Rental vehicle recommended
- Transport available
- 5 minute drive to restaurants and beaches
- 25 minute drive to grocery store
- 30 minute drive to town of Christianstead
- 40 minute drive to airport