Chianti Area, Tuscany, Italy
3 br, 3 ba (3 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Maid service: 5 days a week
2 Double Bed, 2 Twin Bed
6 km to shopping
6 km to town
6 minute drive to grocery store
Alfresco dining, Fireplace , Jacuzzi bath , TV
Tucked between the villages of Gaiole and Radda in Chianti in the heart of Tuscany, Cavalcanti offers the privacy of a villa and the amenities of a larger estate. As part of the restored hamlet of Castello di San Donato in Perano, the three-bedroom property is surrounded by vineyards, a 10th-century castle and a church, among other historic buildings.
The restored stone farmhouse has its own outdoor spaces as well as access to shared gardens and a pool. Cook service or cooking lessons are available at extra cost, and you can enjoy the results al fresco on the spacious terrace under a pergola. The shared gardens and pool have spectacular views of the surrounding hills and vineyards, and plenty of chaise longues from which to enjoy them.
Cavalcanti’s interiors have been restored to offer bright, breezy luxury. High, beamed ceilings, white walls and a combination living and dining room create an open atmosphere, and sofas in a ticking stripe add to the relaxed, casual feel. On cooler nights, you’ll appreciate the wood-burning fireplaces in the living room and kitchen. The kitchen itself is just as open and modern, with sleek stainless steel appliances and an elegant Murano-style chandelier.
The villa’s three bedrooms are equally bright and airy, and can accommodate up to six guests. There are two bedrooms with double beds and en-suite bathrooms with jet tubs and separate showers; one of the bedrooms also has a walk-in closet. The third bedroom has two twin beds and an en-suite bathroom.
During your stay, you can relax at the villa or use it as a base to explore the Chianti region. For practical matters, a bank and post office are just 4 miles away in the village of Gaiole. If you’d like to do some sightseeing, Cavalcanti is 17 miles from Siena, 25 miles from the famed towers of San Gimignano and 37 miles from Florence.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with jetted bathtub and separate shower, Walk-in closet
- Bedroom 2 - Master: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with jetted bathtub and separate shower
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- DVD player
- CD player
- Hair dryer
- Baby equipment
- Large sitting room
- Kitchen opens to front terrace
- Shared pool
- Alfresco dining
- Shared gardens
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service – 5 days a week, 2-3 hours a day
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Nanny service
- Additional maid service
- Mandatory Visitor’s Tax of 1.50€ per person per day payable on-site
- Applicable on the first 7 days
- Fees and conditions are subject to change
- Points of Interest:
- 2 km to bank and post office in Gaiole village
- 28 km to Siena
- 40 km to Gimignano
- 60 km to Florence
- Maximum 6 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
- Check-in between 4pm and 7pm
- Check-out before 10 a.m. on the day of departure
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- Please Note: The house is not so private, as being in a hamlet, the building is attached to others.
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.