Lucca Area, Tuscany, Italy
6 br, 7 ba (6 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
4 Double Bed, 4 Twin Bed
40 km to airport
35 km to beach
6 km to town
Air conditioned bedrooms, Alfresco dining, Barbecue, DVD player, Fully equipped kitchen, Piano , Satellite television , Washer
Villa La Flora is a Tuscan dream come true: inspired by their own holidays in the area, the owners bought and renovated the six-bedroom farmhouse to create a place for guests to enjoy modern luxuries in a historic setting. The rustic architecture, views of the countryside and convenient location close to Lucca will either fulfill your wishes for a quiet retreat or fuel your fantasy of owning your own villa.
Though the kitchen is equipped with top-of-the-line appliances, take advantage of the Tuscan sun by cooking at the outdoor barbecue and enjoying meals at the covered al fresco dining area. A short walk under a vine-covered trellis leads to the fenced-in pool, which is surrounded by a hedge for privacy and chaise longues for comfort. During the day, explore the neoclassical aqueduct that runs along one side of the property; later, gather around the grand piano for a little night music.
Inside, La Flora’s decor is cozy and contemporary, influenced by the house’s original beamed ceilings and cotto floors. In the living room, plump red sofas, modern artwork and sleek accent furniture are all gathered around a traditional fireplace. Likewise, the dining room is warmed up by a hearth running along one end. The kitchen may be reached by a brick archway, but inside, it’s all modern, with a wall of glossy subway tile and Bulthaup fixtures.
Each of the villa’s six bedrooms has an en-suite bathroom and air conditioning. On the first floor, the master bedroom has a four-poster double bed, dressing room, shared access to a TV room and opens to the garden. A second bedroom has a double bed and access to the TV room, and a third bedroom has two twin beds and a seating area. On the second floor, there are two bedrooms with double beds: one with sitting room and study, and one with a dressing room and shared seating area. The sixth bedroom has two twin beds and a shared seating area.
Though the property offers the quiet of the Tuscan countryside, it’s just over a mile from the shops in the village of Guamo, and 3 miles from the Lucca highway exit. Head into downtown Lucca, just 5 miles away, for an excursion or dinner, or to the beach, 22 miles away, for sun and seafood. For a day trip, drive or take the train to Florence, about 40 miles away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: Four poster Double bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate shower, Air conditioning, Dressing room, Shared access to TV room, Garden access
- Bedroom 2: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate shower, Air conditioning, Shared access to TV room
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with bathtub, Air conditioning, Seating area
- Bedroom 4 - Master: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate shower, Air conditioning, Dressing room, Shared seating area
- Bedroom 5 - Master: Four poster double bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub, Air conditioning, Sitting room, Study
- Bedroom 6: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with bathtub and separate shower, Air-conditioning, Shared seating area
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Well-equipped kitchen including Bulthup appliances
- Grand Piano
- iPod dock
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Washing machine
- Infinity pool – fenced for children’s safety
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service - 15 hours a week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Adventure activities
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
Points of Interest:
- 1.5 km to Guamo village with shops
- 5km to Lucca motorway exit
- 6 km to Lucca
- 8 km to towncenter
- 65 km to Florence
- 35 km to beaches
- 40 km to Pisa Airport
- Maximum 12 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
- Required security deposit is payable onsite in cash or traveler’s check. Guests may pay in euros, or the equivalent amount in another currency
- Principal booking guest must be 25 years and older
- Check-in between 4pm and 7pm
- Check-out before 10 a.m. on the day of departure
- SWIMMING POOLS - Swimming pools are not open all year. If your rental period is outside the period May 30th to October 3rd, please check with us that the pool can be opened. Swimming pools are not enclosed with fences and there are no lifeguards. Clients’ use of the swimming pool is at their own risk.
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
- INTERNET CONNECTION - Many of our properties have an internet connection. From our experience, when a connection is interrupted due to technical reasons beyond our control, it is unfortunately very difficult, despite our efforts, to receive immediate assistance from some of the internet providers operating in Italy. We therefore strongly suggest that those who need to access their emails should bring their own BlackBerry, or a similar portable device. Please note that in any case we cannot accept responsibility for lack of these services.
- LOW SLUNG CARS - VANS – MINIBUSES - Most of our houses are located in the countryside. Some of them can be accessed only by unsealed roads and driveways. We therefore advise people intending to take a sports or low-slung car on holiday, to check with us first whether the access to the property allows for such a car. We advise against the use of vans and minibuses. Please always check with us, at the time of booking, if you are planning to use this type of vehicle when staying at one of our properties.