Olbia Area, Sardinia, Italy
5 br, 5 ba (2 Ensuite), Pool
7 night minimum stay
3 Double Bed, 4 Twin Bed
45 km to airport
800 meters to town
5 minute to tennis court
8 minute walk to beach
Alfresco dining, Barbecue, Dishwasher , Fireplace , Microwave, Radio, Safe, TV
Situated on the summit of a promontory that is part of Porto Rafael, a piece of Italian paradise, a villa named Luna, faces the splendid sea of Sardinia where windsurfing is a popular pastime. The property is immersed in greenery interrupted only by granite rocks in extravagant forms reminiscent of the moon, as the Italian ‘Luna’ signifies. The sea is visible from many parts of the villa, and particularly enchanting is the rare glimpse offered from a special part of the garden you will have to see to believe.
Surrounded by two and a half acres of land, the villa offers large external terraced areas, including the patio connected to an external kitchen. Alfresco dining, especially with freshly grilled items from the stone barbeque, is a pure delight in this vibrant natural setting. When it’s time to cool off, you can jump from the springboard into the fresh waters of the swimming pool with an amazing cliff side view. Indoors, you will find other divertissements including satellite TV, table tennis, an iPod dock and Internet access. Your reservation includes housekeeping.
The interiors of Luna feature a very large living room divided into a TV area and a sitting area with fireplace. Large picture windows illuminate the interior and create a continuation to the exterior. The gourmet kitchen offers a gas range as well as wooden countertops. The formal dining area makes a great bet for a change of pace, especially as day turns to dusk.
Three of the five bedrooms at Luna have French windows leading to the garden. One of the bedrooms is only accessible from the exterior and is situated next to the swimming pool. Twelve guests are welcome, including children. The bedrooms are spacious and feature comfortable contemporary bedding.
Located in the Olbia region, this villa is close to a number of historical sites including the Romanesque cathedral of San Simplicio and the Church of St. Paul Apostle. The geographical position of Porto Rafael allows access, by a short boat trip, to all the islands of the Archipelago Della Maddalena, a strictly protected marine park. While you are visiting Sardinia, be sure to sample some of the local culinary delights including specialty cheeses and sausages as well as rock lobster, scampi and other seafood. Have your holiday, your way!
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
- Note: The driveway towards the villa is steep.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with bathtub and hand held shower, Direct access to the terrace, Sea view
- Bedroom 2: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3: Double bed, Small en-suite bathroom with shower, Direct access to the terrace, Sea view
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin beds (can be converted into Double upon request)
- Bedroom 5: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with double shower, Pool-side door entrance
- Additional Bedding - Staff Bedroom: Bunk bed, Small bathroom with shower, Suitable for teenager or staff
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Satellite TV with sky
- Table tennis
- DVD player
- Laundry room
- Stereo/CD player
- Internet access
- iPod dock
- Hair dryers
- Wi-fi (the signal may not reach all the areas of the property)
- Swimming pool with springboard and 2 ladder steps
- From first week of May to first week of October
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining
- Stone BBQ
- Outdoor kitchen
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service – 3 hours 5 days a week
- Electricity is included up to 330 kW per week (any usage beyond this will be metered and charged locally at the time of check out
- Weekly change of linen
- Final cleaning on Saturday
- Normal use of hot/cold water included
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Telephone charges
- Additional maid service
- Child care service
- Cook service
- Heating consumption
Points of Interest
- 2 minute drive to coffee shops and restaurant at the harbor of Porto Rafael
- 5 minute walk to tennis court
- 800 meters to grocery store at Porto Rafael
- 3 km to Supermarket
- 5 km to train station at Palau
- 5 km to bike rentals at Palau
- 5 km / 10 minute drive to internet point at Palau Palau
- 7 km to horse riding
- 8 km and 15 km to archaeological sites at Arzachena
- 35km to Pevero golf course
- 34 km to Porto Cervo
- 1 km to beach
- 15 minute drive to surf practicing beach
- 45 km /28 miles to Olbia airport
- Maximum 12 guests
- Children welcome
- Pool not suitable for children under 5
- Pets are not allowed
- Non-smoking villa
- Credit card details to be provided along with signed pre-authorization form at time of booking
- All services not included in rates are to be paid locally
- Check-in: Between 4pm-7pm (late arrivals must be arranged in advance and may be subject to additional charges)
- Check-out: Before 9am
Designed in the early 1960’s by a Spanish nobleman, the Count Rafael Neville from which it takes its name, Porto Raphael rises at 45 km from the airport of Olbia, facing the Archipelago Della Maddalena.
A small district set in between the rocks, there are no hotels or large complexes in Porto Raphael, but exclusively private villas and houses immersed in 150 hectares of Mediterranean vegetation, camouflaged between the rocks.
A “location”, Porto Rafael is discreet but not isolated. Peace is guaranteed, relaxing in front of the sea sitting at a coffee bar in one of the two small squares of Porto Rafael.
The first square, with a tobacconist, a small supermarket stocked with local delicacies, a shop selling books and Italian and foreign newspapers is the first stop for a mid morning coffee. The second small square on the sea front is only open to pedestrians, with lots of open air bars for snacks and aperitifs, and in the evening the possibility to stay and listen to music; various exclusive boutiques and two prestigious jewelers. For lovers of good food there are three restaurants.
For sport lovers, a tennis and yachting club with diving centre and sailing centre. Security, with a doctor on call and permanent private security guards is guaranteed by the efficient consortium, which also organizes an interesting calendar of social and cultural events in the town squares. The geographical position of Porto Rafael allows access by a short trip, also possible by simple dinghy, to all the islands of the Archipelago Della Maddalena, a strictly protected marine park.
Corsica and its islands are just a few miles away and can also be reached by car and ferry departing from Palau and S. Teresa di Gallura. The ‘Costa Smeralda’ with its famous Pevero Golf Club, Porto Cervo and Porto Rotondo are just 25 minutes by car from Porto Rafael.
The archaeological sites and areas of natural interest are close by. The nearby town of Palau is a lively place with shops, restaurants and a colorful weekly market.