Pisa Area, Tuscany, Italy
8 br, 6.5 ba (3 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Maid service: Monday to Friday
4 Double Bed, King Size Bed , Queen Bed, 2 Single Bed
35 minute drive to airport
45 minute drive to beach
20 minute drive to golf course
5 minute drive to grocery store
15 minute drive to hospital
5 minute drive to restaurants
150 minute drive to ski slopes
10 minute drive to tennis
5 minute drive to town
15 minute drive to train station
15 minute walk to church
Air-Conditioning, Alfresco dining, Baby equipment, Barbecue, Coffee maker, Dishwasher , Dryer, DVD player, Electronic gate, Fireplace , Food processor, Hairdryer, Heating system, iPod docking station, Iron & ironing board , Juicer, Microwave, Outdoor furniture, Parking, Satellite television , Table-top grill, Telephone, Toaster, Toiletries, Washer, Wi-Fi
Get a taste of life in the Tuscan countryside at villa Fagnana. The restored farm, whose eight bedrooms are divided between a former farmhouse and barn, offers a quiet, private getaway spot that’s still conveniently close to cities like Pisa, Florence, Siena and Lucca. Enjoy the timeless setting of rolling hills dotted with traditional buildings from a home that’s been updated with modern luxuries.
The property’s outdoor spaces make it easy to appreciate its rural setting on an estate once owned by the bankers to the Medici family. The kitchen and living room open to a large terrace with a barbecue, shaded dining table, and a smaller table perfect for breakfast or a snack. Down a flight of steps, you’ll find the inground pool, which is surrounded by its own terrace, loungers and gazebo. The villa itself is air conditioned and has Wi-Fi in the main areas and a VoIP phone, plus a laptop, iPod and baby equipment upon request.
Fagnana’s interiors still have their traditional bones, but have been given a fresh, modern update. In the living rooms, you’ll find classic Tuscan cotto floors, large fireplaces, and beamed ceilings, set off by clean-lined, neutral-toned sofas and glass-topped side tables. The quiet, spacious dining room pairs an antique console with a simple farmhouse table and chairs. In the kitchen, which is open to the dining room, modern appliances like a large gas range are tucked into pale wood cabinets and open upper shelving.
There are seven bedrooms in the main house and one bedroom in the former barn (now a guest cottage). In the main house, the ground floor features a bedroom with double bed and an en-suite bathroom. Upstairs, you’ll find one bedroom with a king bed and en-suite bathroom and one bedroom with a queen bed and en-suite bathroom. A bedroom with a double bed and a bedroom with a single bed share a bathroom, and a bedroom with a queen bed and a bedroom with a single bed share another bathroom. In the guest cottage, there’s a bedroom with a double bed and en-suite bathroom.
Since Fagnana is located on a 1,700-acre estate, there’s plenty to explore on foot, like the private church that’s a 15-minute walk away. By car, it’s 10 minutes to shopping, dining and a tennis court in the town of Forcoli, and 15 minutes to the hospital and train station in Pontedera. Just 20 minutes away, you’ll find the Castelfalfi golf course, and the beaches in Pisa and Tirrenia are 45 minutes away. The Pisa airport is 40 minutes away, and the Florence airport is a 60-minute drive.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, En-suite bathroom with tub and shower, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Access to common lounge area
- Bedroom 2 - Piaggia: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with tub, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Access to common lounge area
- Bedroom 3 - Poggetto: Double bed, Shared bathroom with shower, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Access to common lounge area
- Bedroom 4 - Molinuccio: Single bed, Shared bathroom with Bedroom 3, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Access to common lounge area
- Bedroom 5 - Leccio: Single bed, Shared bathroom with shower, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Access to common lounge area
- Bedroom 6 - Colline: Queen size bed, Shared bathroom with Bedroom 5, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Access to common lounge area
- Bedroom 7 - Valle: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Small lounge area
- Bedroom 8: - Limonaia Double bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Individually controlled air conditioning and heating system, Independent room located in front of villa’s main entrance
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Air conditioning (May to end of September)
- Heating system (October to end of April)
- Satellite TV (limited free channels)
- DVD player
- iPod dock
- Wi-Fi access in main part of the house
- VoIP phone
- Baby equipment (upon request)
- Hair dryer
- Complimentary initial toiletries
- Bathrobes and disposable slippers
- Iron/Ironing board
- Coffee maker
- Tabletop grill
- Swimming pool
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining
- Charcoal BBQ (charcoal not provided)
- Electric gate
STAFF & SERVICES
- Weekday housekeeping (2 hours/day except Sundays and Holidays)
- Pool cleaning and maintenance (2 times/week)
- Initial supplies:
- Fruit juice
- Estate wine
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Pool heating
- Excessive phone charges
- Maximum 14 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
- Pool close between mid-October until mid-April
- During peak season, arrivals and departures must be on a Saturday
- Security deposit of €500 to be paid onsite in cash
- Local tourist tax of €5 per person aged 10 or over required upon check-in
- 5 minute drive to wine and truffle tasting
- 15 minute walk to private hamlet catholic church
- 10 minute drive to:
- Tennis court
- Grocery stores in Forcoli
- 15 minute drive to hospital and train station in Pontedera
- 20 Castelfalfi golf course
- 40 minute drive to Pisa airport
- 45 minute drive to beaches in Pisa and Tirrenea
- 60 minute drive to Florence airport and Versilia beaches
- 150 minute drive to ski slope
Villa Saletta estate, once owned by the Riccardi family (bankers to the Medici), covers approximately 1,760 acres. In total, there are more than 20 old farmhouses on the estate, mostly dating back to the 1800s. Each one has its own story to tell, being unique and individual in size and location.
Three of these farmhouses have been restored so far. Every restored villa has its own private grounds with electric gates, outdoor swimming pool, barbecue and comfortable shaded seating areas.
use on this large estate to be restored. It was then refurbished in 2004 to give it an updated feel and add more modern conveniences. It is set on very private, secure grounds and, being situated in the hills, provides excellent views towards Pisa and spectacular sunsets.
Opposite the main entrance to the house is the Limonaia, a separate building which has a large double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
An open terrace for outdoor dining runs the length of the house at the rear, complete with barbeque. The terrace overlooks the private, enclosed garden featuring a large area of lawn with mature olive trees and attractive flower beds. A swimming pool with its own sun terrace completes the picture.
Please note estate roads are not suitable for vehicles with poor ground clearance