Pisa Area, Tuscany, Italy
7 br, 7.5 ba (5 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Maid service: Monday to Friday
2 Double Bed, 3 Queen Bed, Single Bed, Twin Bed
35 minute drive to airport
45 minute drive to beach
20 minute drive to golf course
5 minute drive to grocery store
15 minute drive to hospital
5 minute drive to restaurants
150 minute drive to ski slopes
10 minute drive to tennis
5 minute drive to town
15 minute drive to train station
15 minute walk to church
Air-Conditioning, Alfresco dining, Baby equipment, Barbecue, Coffee maker, Dishwasher , Dryer, DVD player, Electronic gate, Fireplace , Food processor, Hairdryer, Heating system, iPod docking station, Iron & ironing board , Juicer, Microwave, Outdoor furniture, Parking, Satellite television , Table-top grill, Telephone, Toaster, Toiletries, Washer, Wi-Fi
Once a farmhouse and hayloft, the recently restored villa Valle is now a luxurious country retreat. With seven bedrooms divided between the main house and guest cottage and expansive yet private outdoor spaces, the property gives guests plenty of room to relax. But it’s also in the heart of Tuscany, close enough to the cities of Pisa, Florence, Siena and Lucca for day trips.
Restored in 2007, the villa is now air-conditioned and has a Wi-Fi connection and gated access. The enclosed garden has a broad lawn and bocce court, and the main house and guest cottage are connected by a terrace with a pool, barbecue and outdoor dining area. Adults can while away the afternoon over a book in the sun room, and kids can entertain themselves in the billiards room.
The interiors of Valle are warm and comfortable, drawing country charm from restored rustic fireplaces and beamed ceilings in the living spaces. With warm yellow walls, damask drapes and traditional-style furnishings, the living room is cozy and welcoming. A formal dining room is decorated in rich, earthy Tuscan reds and golds that glow under a chandelier and sconces. The sunny, modern eat-in kitchen has stainless steel appliances and a breakfast bar.
There are five bedrooms in the villa’s main house and two bedrooms in the guest cottage. In the main house, you’ll find three bedrooms with queen beds, one bedroom with a double bed and one bedroom with a queen bed. Each of the five bedrooms has an en-suite bathroom and air conditioning. In the guest house, there’s one bedroom with a double bed and one bedroom with a single bed; both are air-conditioned and have bathroom access.
During your stay, take the time to stroll the estate on which the villa is located, or walk to the local church, 15 minutes away. By car, it’s only 5 minutes to downtown, which offers a grocery store, restaurant and seasonal truffle sales and tastings. A tennis court and clinic are 10 minutes away, and a hospital and train station are 15 minutes away. Enjoy a leisurely afternoon at the golf course, 20 minutes away, or the beach, 45 minutes away. When it’s time to leave, it’s a 35-minute drive to the airport.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Valle is part of the wine-producing Saletta Estate. Guests are treated to a complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival, and are welcome to visit the vineyard (a 2-minute drive away) for a free tour and tasting.
- The master suite is located upstairs on the fourth floor, in the central tower, and is reached via the master bathroom directly below.
- The nearest small town is equipped with all the necessary conveniences: a grocery store, pharmacy, restaurants and gelato!
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with tub and shower, Air conditioning, TV
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with tub and shower, Air conditioning, TV
- Bedroom 3: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with tub and shower, Air conditioning, TV
- Bedroom 4: Twin bed, En-suite bathroom with tub, Air conditioning, TV
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with tub and shower, Air conditioning, TV
- Bedroom 6: Double bed, Bathroom with shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 7: Single bed, Bathroom with shower, Air conditioning
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Air conditioning (May to end of September)
- Heating system (October to end of April)
- Sun room
- Billiard table
- Satellite TV (limited channels)
- DVD player
- iPod dock
- Wi-Fi access
- Baby equipment (upon request)
- Hair dryer
- Iron/Ironing board
- Coffee maker
- Food processor
- Tabletop grill
- Swimming pool
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining
- Charcoal BBQ
- Bocce court
- Electronic gated property
STAFF & SERVICES
- Weekday housekeeping (2 hours/day except Sundays and Holidays)
- Weekday manager
- Pool cleaning and maintenance (2 times/week)
- Gardener (2 times/week)
- Initial supplies:
- Fruit juice
- Estate produced red wine
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Pool heating
- Excessive phone charges
- Maximum 13 guests
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
- Pool close between mid-October until mid-April
- Security deposit of €500 must be paid onsite in cash
- Local tourist tax of €5 per person aged 10 or over required upon check-in
Points of Interest:
- 15 minute walk to church
- 5 minute drive to:
- Grocery store
- Truffle tasting/ sale
- 10 minute drive to clinic and tennis court
- 15 minute drive to hospital and train station
- 20 minute drive to golf course
- 35 minute drive to airport
- 45 minute drive to beach
- 150 minute drive to ski slope
Villa Saletta estate, once owned by the Riccardi family (bankers to the Medici), covers approximately 1,760 acres. In total, there are more than 20 old farmhouses on the estate, mostly dating back to the 1800s. Each one has its own story to tell, being unique and individual in size and location.
Three of these farmhouses have been restored so far. Every restored villa has its own private grounds with electric gates, outdoor swimming pool, barbecue and comfortable shaded seating areas.
Please note estate roads are not suitable for vehicles with poor ground clearance