Chianti Area, Tuscany, Italy
6 br, 5.5 ba (4 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Maid service: Monday to Friday, Manager
King Bed, 3 Queen Bed, 4 Twin Bed
95 minute drive to airport
80 minute drive to beach
10 minute drive to church
50 minute drive to golf course
6 minute drive to grocery store
15 minute drive to hospital
15 minute drive to tennis
6 minute drive to town
15 minute drive to train station
10 minute walk to restaurant
Alfresco dining, Barbecue, CD player, Coffee maker, Computer, Dishwasher , Dryer, DVD player, Fireplace , Gated property, iPod docking station, Microwave, Parking, Satellite television , Toaster, Toaster oven, Washer, Wi-Fi
Capanna Cerreto is a private country villa nestled in 50 acres of vineyards and woodlands in Chianti. This former hayloft to the Castle of Cerreto has been totally transformed into a luxurious yet relaxed country home by its decorator owner.
The unusually large hand-forged windows and doors create a light and airy three-storey villa. There are two large, comfortable indoor living rooms on separate floors along with a beautiful summer sitting area under a pergola that runs the entire length of the house overlooking the pool. With breathtaking views and gentle summer breezes, the pergola is the ideal shaded spot for friends and family to gather for leisurely meals, conversations or drinks.
The villa has been designed with ample space to provide quiet, memorable moments. Leading off the entrance hall on the spacious ground floor is the living room with its large, open fireplace. The adjacent dining room and kitchen open onto the south-facing, wisteria-covered shaded pergola. Walk down the stone steps to the pool with a fragrant landscaped garden that offers the perfect place to relax and cool down on a Tuscan summer’s day.
Up on the first floor are three bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms. On the large lower ground level, the sunny living room is ideal for families with a flat screen TV and DVD player. There are also three bedrooms on this floor including a charming corner bedroom.
This villa, with its complementary mix of antique and contemporary furniture, old handmade terracotta tiles and beautiful gardens, makes a recommended setting from which the many gems of Tuscany can be enjoyed.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- This villa is located near Castello di Brolio, home of the famous Ricasoli family and birthplace of Chianti wine!
- The Villa Manager has an office attached to the villa, but there is no indoor access and he is virtually invisible. The manager is on-site most of the time to cater to your requests.
- Please get GPS with your rental!
Road signs in this area are small and few. Navigating the many roundabouts can be a challenge!
- As a converted hayloft of the former Castle of Cerreto, the stone and concrete walls mean that Internet and cell phone coverage is intermittent in the lower level of the residence.
Bedroom / Bathroom Description
European king size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower and tub, Air conditioning
Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom, Air conditioning
2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning
Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower
2 Twin beds, Shared bathroom with shower
Queen size bed, Shared bathroom with Bedroom 5
Features & Amenities
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- CD player
- iPod dock
- Wi-Fi access
- Heated floors
- High chair
- Baby crib
- Toaster oven
- Coffee maker
- Saline pool - open between March 26 and October 22
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining
- BBQ grill
- Outdoor sitting area
- Gated property
Staff & Services
- Maid service from Monday to Friday between 11am-2pm
- Welcome basket
- On-site manager (lives in an apartment with a separate entrance) – Available every day except Wednesday and Sundays
- Electricity consumption up to 300kw/week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
- Villa heating
- Cook service
- Mid-week linen and towel change
- Welcome dinner on arrival
- Mandatory Visitor’s Tax of 1.50€ per person per day payable on-site
- Applicable on the first 7 days
- Fees and conditions are subject to change
- Maximum 12 guests
- Maximum 7 children
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
- Extra charges are payable in Euros
- Pool closing dates: October 1 – May 15
- Check in: 4:00 P.M.
- Check out: 10:00 A.M.
- 6 minute drive to town and grocery store
- 10 minute walk to restaurant
- 10 minute drive to church
- 15 minute drive to:
- Train station
- Tennis court
- 50 minute drive to golf course
- 80 minute drive to beach
- 95 minute drive to airport