Santa Teresa, Costa Rica, Central America
5 br, 6 ba (5 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Cook , Housekeeper
5 Queen Bed
167 km to airport
1 minute drive to beach
Alfresco dining, Alfresco shower, Balcony, Barbecue, Breakfast bar, Ceiling fan, Dishwasher , Dryer, Lounging chairs, Parking, Safe, Solar Panel, Washer, Wi-Fi, Wine cooler
High upon a hillside, looking down over the treetops to the waves on the beach below, sits Rancho Cielo. Pairing boutique hotel-worthy amenities with an environmentally friendly ethos, the five-bedroom estate is both luxe and green. Spend your stay perched in what feels like a private treehouse, or explore the area with a trek to the beach, surf class or boat trip.
Start each day with breakfast prepared by your cook using local ingredients, then decide what you want to do: swim in the infinity pool, walk the private trail to the beach or take a chauffeured buggy down to the ocean. Of course, you can always spend the day relaxing on a lounge chair under an umbrella on the villa’s deck. Use the barbecue to prepare lunch or dinner, and enjoy fresh air with your meal at the al-fresco dining area. Though the villa feels far away from everything (including, happily, everyday stresses), it does have Wi-Fi.
Rich, polished wood and soft earth tones give the interiors of Rancho Cielo a quietly sophisticated feel, while open walls or fold-away glass panels seamlessly connect the living spaces to their surroundings. What’s more, it’s all powered by solar-generated electricity, so you don’t have to worry about flipping on the artisanal shell chandelier over the dining table. Traditional rugs add hits of color to the sitting and dining areas, and in the fully equipped kitchen, open shelving has modern yet casual appeal.
There are three bedrooms in the main house and two in the guest house; each has a queen bed and en-suite bathroom with al-fresco rain shower. In the main house, the master suite has its own lounge area, wet bar with wine fridge, private terrace and ocean views, and a second bedroom also has its own private terrace. In the guest house, one bedroom has a lounge area, its own kitchen and a private terrace, and the other bedroom has a lounge area and opens to a terrace. Larger groups can use an additional bedroom in the main house with two twin beds, a trundle bed and an en-suite bathroom.
The private trail at Rancho Cielo leads down to Hermosa Beach, which can also be reached in a 1-minute drive by 4x4. It’s also worth visiting nearby Santa Teresa Beach, a 5-minute drive away. The closest major airports to the villa are Juan Santamaria International Airport, 104 miles away, and Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport, 113 miles away.
Copyright © 2015 Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- A 4x4 vehicle is required to access the roads leading to this villa. We recommend keeping it lightly loaded since the drive can be very difficult.
- If you want to avoid the drive, the helicopter or airplane options may be of interest. The helicopter is a $7000 round trip from Liberia or San Jose, and the return flight from Tambor Airport is around $700.
- Warning: GPS will take you astray, into possibly flooded areas! We recommend using the app Waze instead, which is more reliable for driving directions on dirt roads.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Margarita - Master: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom, Alfresco Rain Shower, Lounge area, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Private terrace, Outdoor furniture, Wet bar, Wine fridge, View of ocean
- Pochote: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom, Alfresco Rain Shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Private terrace, Outdoor furniture
- Madrono: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom, Alfresco Rain Shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan
- Casa Teka: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom, Alfresco Rain Shower, Lounge area, Ceiling fan, Private terrace, Outdoor furniture, Kitchen
- Almendro: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom, Alfresco Rain Shower, Lounge area, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Terrace, Outdoor furniture
- Additional Bedding (located in main house) : 2 Twin size beds, Trundle bed, Ensuite bathroom, Rain Shower, Television, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Private terrace
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Ice maker
- Coffee Machine
- Wine fridge
- Air conditioning 4 of the bedrooms
- Ceiling fans
- Solar powered electricity
- Infinity swimming pool
- Alfresco dining
- Terrace with lounge area
- Ceiling fans
- View of ocean
- Alfresco showers
- Private trail to beach
- Sun loungers & parasols
STAFF & SERVICES
- Breakfast cook
- Chauffeured Polaris buggy to Beach
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Fitness & Yoga
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Chef service
- Private driver
- Car hire
- Private charter
- Helicopter service
Points of Interest
- 1 minute drive to Hermosa Beach
- 5 minute drive to Santa Teresa Beach
- 167 km to Juan Santa Maria International Airport (SJO)
- 182 km to Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport (LIR)
- Maximum 13 guests
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets are not allowed
- Children welcome
- Social events permitted upon request only. Bachelor parties are strictly prohibited.