Villa di Montughi
Florence Area, Tuscany, Italy
4 br, 4 ba (2 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Butler, Cook , Housekeeper
2 Double Bed, Twin Bed, 2 Twin Bed
Air-Conditioning, Fireplace , Fully equipped kitchen, Gated property, Heating system, Outdoor living area, Parking, Security system, TV, Wi-Fi
Welcome to a resplendent Italian villa whose illustrious character is matched only by those of the well-respected and notable owners and guests who have graced the halls of this abode over the past six centuries. Iacopo Riccoldi built Villa di Montughi in 1427, and three years later Niccolò di Domenico di Bernardo Giugni bought it. From there, the residence exchanged hands several more times before 1586 ushered in its ‘Golden Age’ when princes, cardinals, ambassadors as well as renowned poets and musicians such as Ottavio Rinuccini, Jacopo Peri and G. B. Marino became regular guests of this exquisite Florentine villa.
Step back into time as you sample succulent culinary creations in the alfresco dining area with overhanging vines. How about a stroll through the lush private gardens while sipping your favorite local wine? The grounds at this gated property also include an outdoor lounge and a spacious covered balcony. The interiors of Villa di Montughi feature cable TV, a fireplace, a library, an office and a wine cellar. Your reservation includes Wi-Fi access and housekeeping as well as cooking and wait staff services.
As its history would suggest, Villa de Montughi embodies quiet Italian decadence at its finest, from the white exterior walls to the red and white striped awning with pomp. The interiors of this bijou villa are both understated and classic. Enjoy three sitting areas, a formal dining area with seating for ten and a fully equipped kitchen.
Four exquisite bedrooms accommodate up to eight fortunate guests at this unique property. The master bedroom includes an en-suite bathroom, a walk-in closet and a private balcony with outdoor furniture and a stellar view of the gardens. You will have your choice of double or twin size beds. Sleep easy amid only the finest linens and accoutrements.
For more active guests, an invigorating walk through the splendid Tuscan countryside can be the crowning grace of an idyllic holiday day. Visitors who appreciate beauty and culture can easily reach the famous city of Florence, with its world class shopping for fashionistas and architectural attractions for history buffs. During your stay at Villa Montughi, you will be surrounded by the richness of Italian life and the bucolic charms of the countryside. The glory of Tuscany awaits!
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Villa Montughi is staffed with a housekeeper and cook. They live in separate quarters and will tend to your daily requests.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Walk-in Closet, Private balcony, Outdoor furniture, View of Private Gardens
- Bedroom 2: Double size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone bathtub
- Bedroom 3: Twin size bed, Jack & Jill bathroom shared with bedroom 4, Stand-alone bathtub
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin size beds, Jack & Jill bathroom shared with bedroom 3, Stand-alone bathtub
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Air conditioning
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- 3 Living/Sitting rooms
- Cable Television
- Wine Cellar
- CCTV 24/7 Security System
- Alfresco dining with seating for 10
- Private Gardens
- Terrace with lounge area
- Gated property
STAFF & SERVICES
- Cook (daily breakfast included, other meals at extra cost)
- Wait Staff
- Laundry service
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 7 minute walk to Museo Stibbert
- 6.5 km to Florence Center
- 9 km to Town of Fiesole
- 73.5 km to Lucca
- 80.7 km to Siena
- 6 km to Florence Airport (FLR)
- 306 km to Rome International Airport (FCO)
- Maximum 8 guests
- Daily breakfast included
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets are not allowed
- Children welcome
- Social events permitted (upon request only)