Tamarindo, Costa Rica, Central America
5 br, 5.5 ba (5 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
Caretaker , Housekeeper , Laundry Service, Manager
2 Bunk bed, 4 King Size Bed
7 km to airport
5 minute walk to beach
5 minute walk to town
Air conditioned bedrooms, Barbecue, Ceiling fan, Dishwasher , Dryer, Iron & ironing board , Lounging chairs, Parking, Safe, Stereo System, Telephone, Terrace, Washer, Water purification system, Wi-Fi
Incredible design meets gorgeous natural surroundings, including beach views, at Sunset House. Set in the beach town of Tamarindo, this stunning Costa Rica luxury home was designed by renowned San Diego architect Steve Adams, custom built by Flor de Pacifico/Jeff Hutton and decorated by Mu Design to blend traditional tropical style with contemporary chic. Five bedrooms and indoor-outdoor living spaces make this holiday house rental both practical and unforgettable for the whole family.
During your stay, you’ll be looked after by a housekeeper, caretaker and property manager, so you’ll only have to worry about whether to stay at the villa or walk to the beach. The expansive terrace off the main living area has sun loungers with views of the beach and estuary; head down the steps to another terrace with a pool. While away the afternoon in the hammock or the massage table, then cook dinner on the barbecue and watch the Guanacaste sunset as you eat. Thanks to all-natural insecticide throughout the outdoor spaces, you’ll be able to stay out comfortably.
The heart of Sunset House is an open-fronted, thatched-roof pavilion where the warm Pacific breezes wash over a generous built-in sectional, live-edge dining table that can seat ten, and a fully equipped kitchen with a filtered water system and a counter that opens to a bar on the terrace. Accents like woven dining chairs, mid-century-inspired lounge seats and squared-off sconces add modern edge to the natural look.
Each of the five bedrooms at Sunset House has an en-suite bathroom. There are two master suites with king beds and ocean views, and two additional bedrooms with king beds, one of which has ocean views and an al-fresco shower and the other of which has a private terrace. The fifth bedroom, meant for kids, has two bunk beds and two roll-out beds in case extra accommodations are needed.
From the villa, it’s a quick 5-minute walk down to the sweep of Tamarindo Beach and a 10-minute walk to downtown Tamarindo, where you’ll find restaurants and shops. The closest airport to Sunset House is Tamarindo Airport, a 4-mile drive away.
Copyright © 2016 Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- A perfect villa for the whole family, Sunset House has a specialized kids’ room, complete with two twin size bunk beds, two pull out beds and an ensuite bathroom.
- Guests should be aware that roads in Costa Rica are often unpaved and a four-wheel drive vehicle is recommended for getting from place to place.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom, Stand-alone shower, Alfresco Shower, Dual Vanity, Air conditioning, View of ocean
- Bedroom 2 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom, Stand-alone shower, Dual Vanity, Television, Air conditioning, View of ocean
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom, Stand-alone shower, Dual Vanity, Air conditioning, Private terrace
- Bedroom 4- Kid's Bunk Room: 2 Bunk beds, Ensuite bathroom, Stand-alone shower, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 5 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom, Stand-alone shower, Dual Vanity, Air conditioning, Private terrace, View of Ocean
- Additional Bedding: 2 Rollout beds located in Kid's Bunk Room
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Naturally filtered still and sparkling water system
- Formal dining area
- Stereo System
- Air conditioning in bedrooms only
- Ceiling fans
- Iron/ironing board
- View of ocean
- Massage table
- Sun loungers
- All natural botanical insecticide throughout outdoor space
STAFF & SERVICES
- Caretaker (Monday - Saturday from 6:00AM to 5:00PM)
- Property manager
- Laundry service
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 10 minute walk to Town of Tamarindo with Restaurants and Shops
- 5 minute walk to Tamarindo Beach
- 6.7 km to Tamarindo Airport (TNO)
- Maximum 14 guests
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets are not allowed
- Children welcome
- Check in: 3:00PM
- Check out: 10:00AM