Lucca Area, Tuscany, Italy
6 br, 5 ba (4 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
4 King Bed, 4 Twin Bed
Alfresco dining, Elevator, Fireplace , Gated property, iPod docking station, Pizza oven, Spa space, TV, Wine Cellar
Amid the rolling hills and lush countryside just outside Lucca sits Villa Orfea. Dating from the 15th century and recently renovated, this beautiful Tuscany holiday rental whisks you away to an atmosphere of historic elegance and modern luxury. Use the five-bedroom property for a memorable wedding and serene honeymoon, a holiday exploring the region with friends or a family gathering in the heart of Italy.
Set on gated grounds, Villa Orfea truly is your private estate. Start each day with a breakfast prepared by the cook, then stroll through the garden, spend hours relaxing on a lounge chair by the saltwater-filtered pool, listen to the soothing sound of the fountain or rejuvenate yourself in the spa. In the meantime, the kids will want to spend the day at the villa’s playground. When the sun sets, fire up the outdoor pizza oven, watch twilight fall over the countryside from the al-fresco dining area and select a bottle from the wine cellar to take when you gather around the firepit.
Though the villa has state-of-the-art amenities, its interiors still honor its long heritage. Inside the pale blue walls, you’ll find gracious living rooms with terracotta floors, stately fireplaces, plush rugs and charming details like vaulted ceilings and landscape paintings on the walls. Ornate side tables, hidden doors and vintage artwork invite closer examination, while modern roll-arm sofas are welcoming and comfortable. Though the formal dining room can seat up to 22 guests, its lively yellow walls feel playful, not stuffy. In the fully equipped kitchen, you’ll find pretty spring green cabinets and a convenient breakfast table.
In a decidedly contemporary touch, each of the five bedrooms at Villa Orfea has an en-suite bathroom. There are four bedrooms with king beds and one with two twin beds; one of the king suites also provides access to two twin beds for parents and children wishing to stay together. Soft colors, beamed ceilings and upholstered headboards give the bedrooms a peaceful yet thoughtful feel.
The villa may feel miles from the ordinary, but it’s only a 5-minute drive from the shops, restaurants and fascinating medieval walls of Lucca. Also well worth exploring are Pisa, 25 minutes away; the seaside resort of Versilia, 30 minutes away; the beaches of Forte dei Marmi, 35 minutes away; and the splendor of Florence, 60 minutes away. When your holiday is over, plan on a 30-minute drive from Villa Orfea to Pisa International Airport.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Guests need to be advised that though this unit features a WiFi connection, the reception can be spotty in some bedrooms.
- This unit features onsite staff who live in a private and separate apartment.
- English speaking guests should take note that the local cable package does not feature any English channels.
- Additional bedding is available in the guesthouse.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Family Suite: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower
- Bedroom 2 - Mezzanine: 2 Twin size beds accessed through Family Suite, Shared access to Family Suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3 - Master Suite: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual Vanity, Bidet
- Bedroom 4 - Green Suite: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Bidet
- Bedroom 5 - Twin Rose Suite: 2 Twin size beds, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual Vanity
- Bedroom 6 - Narnia Suite: King size beds, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower & bathtub, Bidet
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast table
- Wine Cellar
- Formal dining area with seating for 22
- iPod docking system
- DVD Library
- Air conditioning
- Spa Facility
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Salt filterated Swimming Pool
- Alfresco dining with seating for 12
- Pizza oven
- Sun loungers
- Children's playground
- Gated Property
STAFF & SERVICES
- Electricity, water, heating and air conditioning consumption
- Daily breakfast cook service (cost of food and beverage not included)
- Morning housekeeping service 6 days a week
- Mid-week linen change
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Use of spa facility and services
- Laundry service
- Additional housekeeping service
- Additional linen change
- Cook service
Points of Interest
- 5 minute drive to Town of Lucca with Restaurants & Shops
- 25 minute drive to Pisa
- 35 minute drive to Forte dei Marmi
- 60 minute drive to Florence
- 30 minute drive to Pisa International Airport (PSA)
- Maximum 12 guests
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets are not allowed
- Children welcome
- Social events permitted (upon request only)
- Additional bedding (upon request only)
- Spa Facilites charged based on usage
- Copy of passport and permanent home address of each guests to be provided prior to check in
- Local Tourist Tax due upon check-in for guests over 14 years of age for first 3 nights
- Check in: 4:00PM
- Check out: 11:00AM