Conchas Chinas, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
7 br, 8 ba (7 Ensuite)
7 night minimum stay
2 Bunk bed, 6 King Bed
Alfresco dining, Balcony, Ceiling fan, DVD player, iPod docking station, Satellite television , Security system, Stereo System, Sunbathing area, Wi-Fi
Get a glimpse of the vintage charm of Puerto Vallarta at Casa Cosmos. Designed by famed Mexican architect Alfredo Terrazas in the 1960s for his own use, this luxury Conchas Chinas holiday rental was one of the first villas in the area and today stands above one of its only remaining private beaches. A full staff and seven suite-style bedrooms make this a wonderful alternative to a resort for a family holiday or a romantic retreat for a honeymoon-worthy getaway.
The heart of Casa Cosmos is its oceanfront terrace, crafted in natural stone and lined with lounge chairs, a sun bed and hammocks. Have a swim in the infinity pool, which is connected to the jetted tub by a rock slide, or take the steps down to the beach to explore in the kayaks. Rinse off in the outdoor shower and finish the day by sitting down to the al-fresco dining area for one of the two daily meals prepared by the villa’s cook. In addition to the meals, your stay at the property includes the services of a housekeeper, houseman and house manager.
Known for designing a showstopping villa in Cuernavaca for the heiress Barbara Hutton and the former Camino Real Hotel in Puerto Vallarta, Terrazas took inspiration from traditional Mexican architecture to give Casa Cosmos a classic, charming look. The main living areas are under a thatched-roof palapa, allowing the ocean breezes to pass through, and feature stone walls with built-in planters, woven sofas and chairs, and plenty of potted palms. Even the fully equipped kitchen opens to a convenient breakfast bar.
The main house at Casa Cosmos has four bedrooms with king beds, day beds, and pool access, and one bedroom with a king bed and private balcony; all have en-suite bathrooms and ocean views. In-laws or couples can stay in the casita, which has a king bed, queen bed on the mezzanine, and its own jetted tub, kitchenette and living spaces, and kids will love sleeping in the “dormitorio,” which has two bunk beds and an en-suite bathroom.
Though the villa boasts a superb setting right on the Pacific Ocean, it’s also close to popular sights if you’d like to see more of the area. Playa Palmares and Playa Los Muertos are less than a 10-minute drive from the property, and the iconic Malecon esplanade is 11 minutes away by car. For dining, shopping and nightlife, make the 25-minute drive into central Puerto Vallarta.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- The ocean is swimmable during low tide, but may not be accessible during high tide.
- Air conditioing only in bedrooms, not in common areas, but you won’t miss it since this villa benefits from the constant ocean breeze.
- Although the main floor is wheelchair accessible, the steps down to the beach and second floor are not recommended for guests with mobility issues.
- Prices are based on double occupany, additional guests at extra cost of $100/person/night
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Day bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, View of ocean, Direct access to pool
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Day bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, View of ocean, Direct access to pool
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Day bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, View of ocean, Direct access to pool
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Day bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, View of ocean, Direct access to pool
- Bedroom 5: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Private balcony, View of ocean
- Bedroom 6: 2 Bunk beds (3 twins per bunk), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan
- Bedroom 7: King size bed, Queen size bed on mezzanine level, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Jetted Tub, Lounge area, Fireplace, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Balcony, Office, Kitchenette
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Purified water system
- Formal dining area
- Satellite television
- Sound system
- iPod docking station
- Ceiling fans
- Fitness equipment
- Infinity swimming pool - Solar heated
- Pool gate available (upon request)
- Outdoor jetted tub
- Alfresco dining
- Alfresco shower
- View of ocean
- Sun loungers
- Sun bed
STAFF & SERVICES
- Cook ( 2 meals/day)
- Daily housekeeping (laundry included)
- House manager
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Food & beverages
Points of Interest
- 11 minute drive to Malecon
- 25 minute drive to Puerto Vallarta with restaurants & shops
- Beachfront to Pacific Ocean
- 5 minute drive to Playa Palmares
- 7 minute drive to Playa Los Muertos
- 30 minute drive to Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport ( PVR)
- Maximum guests:22
- Rates indicated are based on double occupany up to 14 guests. Extra cost applicable for additional guests.
- Pets allowed (upon request)
- Children welcome
- Social events permitted (restrictions apply)
- Check in: 3:00PM
- Check out: 11:00AM